Baby Come Back!

Good word. . . Plus, keep the b.s. spray handy.

1 Like

Hey! You know, I am poetically challenged, much to chagrin of my Master’s advisor, who wrote and published poetry. Nevertheless, I think I may know what you are meaning and it isn’t about you. Am I close?

2 Likes

u r hot with 20 dwarves.

well, that is a picture… :rofl:

3 Likes

I told you no-one likes Tom Bombadil, but you had to keep tossing flowers around :slight_smile:

3 Likes

nature has an ability to show itself, without masks
plenty of times, it is uncomfortable. i can live with that
‘do u have a cap? now, here is a fistful…’

3 Likes

Shall we . . .?

2 Likes

Painting for Giza Friends

6 Likes

Did you paint this, Alicia? It is beautiful on this phone, but now I need to open it on a bigger screen for a bigger look!

1 Like

Yes, nperpetuity, I did!
Good to see you here at our new Cafe!:candle:

Thank you! I’m fading fast for the evening but will have a good look on a bigger screen tomorrow

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your creation with us.

This is a very complex piece, and it seems that however I gaze, I see different kinds of faces peering out, blended in with the landscape and energy systems and aspects of nature. When we move away from the screen, we see even more.
One could stare for hours at this and still not see everything there is to see!

John thinks he even sees some kind of fusion of Eastern art forms with Western art forms!

Thank you so much for sharing your own unique window into our shared world.

3 Likes

:coffee::coffee: Hi beautifuls . . . Good to see you at Cafe. May I have your elaboration on the instruments in the video above? What sort of creature is a bandoneón? Is it mostly for dance parties?:man_dancing::dancer:

1 Like

Alicia, you are fun!

I feel embarrassed (as an amateur accordionist), as I didn’t catch what looks like bellows, despite that there was some “feeling” that something was “familiar” emanating from the image, and who knows what else I missed in your intriguing collage. How very interesting, all the stuff you folded in there, just from conversations!

I remember reading, in the past, here and there, that bandoneons may have been used in the late 1800’s in churches that couldn’t afford organs – but I have a little difficulty imagining what that would have sounded like, as the early ones seem to have been bisonoric (different notes on the push and pull), like concertinas, which would have made them difficult to play. I suppose if simple melodies were played, with basic chording, maybe…

We love Peter Soave’s musical artistry. There are not many Youtube videos of him, as he doesn’t like himself filmed (preferring that people go the live performances to support musicians in their artistry). We have seen him live with orchestras, and his sensitive interpretations of all kinds of music from classical to jazz to blues to tango have brought tears to us. Here he performs on a modern unisonoric bandoneon (same note on the push and pull). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRCN879k5OI&t=36s

4 Likes

:tea: :tea: You two are fun! Thank you so much for this lovely Peter Soave piece for our Cafe. I had a lot of stress today from plumbing, electrical, alarm systems, and the World situation. I just got home from class to be greeted by Soave’s calming beauty :musical_note: with the Belgrade Philharmonic. I feel tender and myself again! Thank you, as well, for sharing about bandoneons. Does unisonoric then mean when I push I get the same note in the same octave as when I pull???
I shall pour special teas for you, whenever you arrive here next. :candle: :candle:

2 Likes

you are such a twinkling fairie
another poem of mine came into sight. tried to translate it as i could.
this came from a big stop, from a chance to think and ‘rebrand’. does not have a title:

sometimes you have to stop
and take a look backwards
on the road that led here
on what to move forwards

it is called station
by the old vagabonds
where one may rest
and whereby we may talk

findings might be summarized
between each other
a place to give thanks
without the sighs to be smothered

admitting mistakes
see the person itself
to publish the heart
that noone ever dared

and when the night falls
the past reappears
children’s laughs arise
the moon brightly smiles

the tale continues
you have to put an end
delight hides afresh
won’t have to wait again

and what seemed dull
like a world of beauty shines
the colours are filled
the frosts are on fires

all that can be said
is just a couple of words
the sky will be my grave
just watch the flying birds

6 Likes

Hello beautifuls . . .I’m working on a painting for these two poems by Kalamona, to show here at our Cafe . . . I look forward for you to kindly share your creations and inspirations with us!:candle:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Hello Beautifuls . . .

Oscar Tango . . . on ice!

2 Likes

Hey Mambo Italiano!

1 Like