Holy Poems & Wisdom: A 52-week Faith Challenge

Week 40
Day 5
Audio
The Sacred Bible: The Wisdom of Solomon
Catholic Public Domain Version
Read by Paul Martin
Today’s Audio: Chapters 1, 2, 3 (Stop at 10:08)

Text
Today’s Reading Chapters 1, 2, 3:

Wisdom Chapter 1
{1:1} Love justice, you who judge the land. Think of the Lord in goodness and seek him in simplicity of heart.
{1:2} For he is found by those who do not test him, yet he reveals himself to those who have faith in him.
{1:3} For perverse thoughts separate from God. But his virtue, when it is tested, corrects the foolish.
{1:4} For wisdom will not enter into a malicious soul, nor dwell in a body subdued by sin.
{1:5} For the holy spirit of instruction will flee from falsehood, and he will withdraw himself from thoughts that are without understanding, and he will not be reached when iniquity overcomes.
{1:6} For the spirit of wisdom is benevolent, and will not release the evil speaker from his talk, because God is a witness of his temperament, and a true examiner of his heart, and an auditor of his words.
{1:7} For the spirit of the Lord has filled the world, and he who contains all things, retains knowledge of every voice.
{1:8} Therefore, he who speaks unjust things cannot escape notice, nor will the chastising judgment pass him by.
{1:9} For inquiry will be made into the thoughts of the impious, his conversation also will reach the hearing of God, to the chastising of his iniquities.
{1:10} For the zealous ear hears all things, and the disturbance of complaining will not be hidden.
{1:11} Therefore, keep yourselves from complaining, which benefits nothing, and refrain your tongue from slander, because secret conversation will not pass into nothingness, and the mouth that lies kills the soul.
{1:12} Do not court death by the error of your life, nor procure your destruction by the works of your hands,
{1:13} because God did not make death, nor does he rejoice in the loss of the living.
{1:14} For he created all things that they might exist, and he made the nations of the world curable, and there is no medicine of extermination in them, nor a kingdom of hell upon the earth.
{1:15} For justice is perpetual and immortal.
{1:16} But the impious, with hands and words, have called death to them, and, esteeming it a friend, they have fallen away and have made a covenant with death, because they deserved to take part in it.

Wisdom Chapter 2
{2:1} For they have said, reasoning with themselves incorrectly: “Our lifetime is brief and tedious, and there is no relief within the limits of man, and no one is acknowledged to have returned from the dead.
{2:2} For we are born from nothing, and after this we will be as if we had not been, because the breath in our nostrils is like smoke, and conversation sends out sparks from the stirring of our heart;
{2:3} therefore, when it is extinguished, our body will be ashes, and our spirit will be diffused like a soft breeze, and our life will pass away like the wisp of a cloud, just as a mist is dissolved when it is driven away by the rays of the sun and overpowered by its heat.
{2:4} And in time our name will surrender to oblivion, and no one will have remembrance of our works.
{2:5} For our time is like the passing of a shadow, and nothing can reverse our end, for it is signed and sealed, and cannot be returned.
{2:6} Therefore, hurry, let us enjoy the good things of the present time, and let us quickly use up passing things, just as in youth.
{2:7} Let us indulge ourselves with costly wine and ointments, and let no flower of youth pass us by.
{2:8} Let us surround ourselves with rosebuds before they wither; let no meadow be left untouched by our indulgence.
{2:9} Let no one among us be exempt from our indulgence. Let us leave behind tokens of enjoyment everywhere, for this is our portion, and this is fate.
{2:10} Let us oppress the poor just man, and not spare the widow, nor respect the aged grey hairs of elders.
{2:11} But let our strength be the law of justice, for what is weak is found to be useless.
{2:12} Therefore, let us encircle the just, because he is useless to us, and he is against our works, and he reproaches us with our legal offenses, and makes known to us the sins of our way of life.
{2:13} He promises that he has the knowledge of God and he calls himself the son of God.
{2:14} He was made among us to expose our very thoughts.
{2:15} He is grievous for us even to behold, for his life is unlike other men’s lives, and immutable are his ways.
{2:16} It is as if we are considered by him to be insignificant, and he abstains from our ways as from filth; he prefers the newly justified, and he glories that he has God for his father.
{2:17} Let us see, then, if his words are true, and let us test what will happen to him, and then we will know what his end will be.
{2:18} For if he is the true son of God, he will receive him and deliver him from the hands of his adversaries.
{2:19} Let us examine him with insult and torture, that we may know his reverence and try his patience.
{2:20} Let us condemn him to a most shameful death, for, according to his own words, God will care for him.”
{2:21} These things they thought, and they were mistaken, for their own malice blinded them.
{2:22} And they were ignorant of the mysteries of God; they neither hoped for the reward of justice, nor judged the value of holy souls.
{2:23} For God created man to be immortal, and he made him in the image of his own likeness.
{2:24} But by the envy of the devil, death entered the world,
{2:25} yet they imitate him, who are from his side.

Wisdom 3
{3:1} But the souls of the just are in the hand of God and no torment of death will touch them.
{3:2} In the eyes of the foolish, they seemed to die, and their departure was considered an affliction,
{3:3} and their going away from us, a banishment. Yet they are in peace.
{3:4} And though, in the sight of men, they suffered torments, their hope is full of immortality.
{3:5} Troubled in few things, in many things they will be well compensated, because God has tested them and found them worthy of himself.
{3:6} Like gold in the furnace, he has proved them, and as a holocaust victim, he has received them, and in the time of their visitation
{3:7} they will shine, and they will dash about like sparks among stubble.
{3:8} They will judge the nations and they will rule over the people, and their Lord will reign forever.
{3:9} Those who trust in him, will understand the truth, and those who are faithful in love will rest in him, because grace and peace is for his elect.
{3:10} But the impious will be chastised according to their thoughts, for they have neglected the just and have retreated from the Lord.
{3:11} For whoever abandons wisdom and instruction is unhappy, and their hope is empty, and their labors without fruit, and their works useless.
{3:12} Their wives are foolish and their sons are wicked; the things that serve them are accursed.
{3:13} Therefore, fertile is the barren and undefiled, who has not known transgressions in bed; she will bear fruit by caring for holy souls.
{3:14} And fertile is the celibate, who has not wrought iniquity with his hands, nor thought wickedness against God; for to him will be given a special gift of faith and a very welcome place in the temple of the Lord.
{3:15} For the fruit of good labors is glorious and the root of wisdom shall never perish.
{3:16} But the sons of adulterers will not reach completion, and the offspring of a sinful bed will be banished.
{3:17} And if they live long, they will be counted as nothing, and their last years of old-age will be without honor.
{3:18} And if they die quickly, they will have no hope, nor words of comfort on the day of reckoning.
{3:19} For the iniquities of the people have a dreadful result.

1 Like

In this month of dearly departed souls, father Ripperger, so do speak rips veil from our eyes, so we can see more clearly the state of our soul.

1 Like

Thank you, QVBB. :pray: I was at All Souls Day Mass this morning, so lovely! There was a brief reading from the Book of Wisdom, so I studied more when I got home and I am offering it here, in increments broken down over several days. Yes, on Father Chad! For those interested, more of his work can be found at his website:
https://sensustraditionis.org/artist/fr-chad-ripperger/

1 Like

Week 41
WISDOM 6:12‐16

Wisdom is bright, and does not grow dim.
By those who love her she is readily seen,
and found by those who look for her.
Quick to anticipate those who desire her, she makes herself known to them.
Watch for her early and you will have no trouble;
you will find her sitting at your gates.
Even to think about her is understanding fully grown;
be on the alert for her and anxiety will quickly leave you.
She herself walks about looking for those who are worthy of her
and graciously shows herself to them as they go,
in every thought of theirs coming to meet them.

2 Likes

Be Thou My Vision
Maire Brennan

Week 42

Come, thou Fount of every blessing
Robert Robinson, 1758
Swaffham, Norfolk

1 Come, thou Fount of every blessing;
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above;
praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
mount of God’s unchanging love!

2 Here I raise my Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I’m come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.

3 O to grace how great a debtor
daily I’m constrained to be!
Let that grace now, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here’s my heart; O take and seal it;
seal it for thy courts above.

1 Like

Week 43

Feast of St. Archangel Michael
In Honor of the Orthodox Celebration: November 21, 2023

With thanks to Divergent

Prayer
St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

O glorious prince St. Michael,
chief and commander of the heavenly hosts,
guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirits,
servant in the house of the Divine King
and our admirable conductor,
you who shine with excellence
and superhuman virtue deliver us from all evil,
who turn to you with confidence.

Further Study
Orthodox Teaching:

3 Likes

Week 44
First Sunday of Advent

Handel’s Messiah
1753 Foundling Hospital Version
Libretto by Charles Jennens (1700-1773)
Messiah was first performed in Dublin on 13 April 1742

December 19, 2020
San Francisco, California
Grace Cathedral
AMERICAN BACH SOLOISTS • AMERICAN BACH CHOIR
Jeffrey Thomas, conductor:

PART ONE (0:01:30) 0:01:31 SINFONY

SCENE I 0:05:05 Recitative, accompanied - Tenor - Comfort ye, my people 0:08:06 Aria - Tenor - Ev’ry Valley shall be exalted 0:11:29 Chorus - And the Glory of the Lord shall be revealed

SCENE II 0:14:26 Recitative, accompanied - Bass - Thus saith the Lord of Hosts 0:15:45 Aria – Alto - But who may abide the Day of his coming? 0:19:45 Chorus - And he shall purify the Sons of Levi

SCENE III 0:22:26 Recitative - Alto - Behold, a Virgin shall conceive 0:22:53 Aria - Alto & Chorus - O thou that tellest good Tidings to Zion 0:28:11 Recitative, accompanied - Bass - For behold, Darkness shall cover the Earth 0:29:56 Aria - Bass - The People that walked in Darkness have seen a great Light 0:33:21 Chorus - For unto us a Child is born

SCENE IV 0:37:26 Pifa (“Pastoral Symphony”) 0:38:25 Recitative - Soprano - There were Shepherds abiding in the Field 0:38:39 Arioso - Soprano - And lo, the Angel of the Lord came upon them 0:38:59 Recitative - Soprano - And the Angel said unto them, Fear not 0:39:45 Recitative, accompanied - Soprano - And suddenly there was with the Angel a Multitude of the heav’nly Host 0:40:03 Chorus - Glory to God in the Highest

SCENE V 0:42:19 Aria - Soprano - Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Sion 0:47:12 Recitative - Alto - Then shall the Eyes of the Blind be open’d 0:47:48 Duet – Alto & Soprano - He shall feed his Flock like a shepherd 0:53:32 Chorus - His Yoke is easy, his Burthen is light

PART TWO (0:55:46)

SCENE I 0:55:55 Chorus - Behold the Lamb of God 0:59:01 Aria - Alto - He was despised and rejected of Men 1:09:17 Chorus - Surely he hath borne our Griefs 1:10:58 Chorus - And with His Stripes we are healed 1:12:48 Chorus - All we, like Sheep, have gone astray 1:16:31 Recitative, accompanied - Tenor - All they that see him laugh him to scorn 1:17:14 Chorus - He trusted in God 1:19:28 Recitative, accompanied - Tenor - Thy Rebuke hath broken his Heart 1:21:23 Aria - Tenor - Behold, and see

SCENE II 1:22:51 Recitative, accompanied - Soprano - He was cut off out of the Land of the Living 1:23:13 Aria - Soprano - But Thou didst not leave his Soul in Hell

SCENE III 1:25:59 Chorus - Lift up your Heads

SCENE IV 1:28:56 Recitative - Tenor - Unto which of the Angels said He at any time 1:29:13 Chorus - Let all the Angels of God worship Him

SCENE V 1:30:49 Aria - Alto - Thou art gone up on High 1:33:52 Chorus - The Lord gave the Word 1:35:03 Aria - Soprano - How beautiful are the Feet of them that preach the gospel of peace 1:37:26 Chorus - Their Sound is gone out into all Lands

SCENE VI 1:38:53 Aria - Bass - Why do the Nations so furiously rage together? 1:40:18 Chorus - Let us break their Bonds asunder

SCENE VII 1:42:12 Recitative - Tenor - He that dwelleth in Heaven shall laugh them to scorn 1:42:27 Aria - Tenor - Thou shalt break them with a Rod of Iron 1:44:33 Chorus - Hallelujah!

PART THREE (1:48:11)

SCENE I 1:48:23 Aria - Soprano - I know that my Redeemer liveth 1:55:27 Chorus - Since by Man came Death, by Man came also the Resurrection of the Dead

SCENE II 1:57:25 Recitative, accompanied - Bass - Behold, I tell you a Mystery 1:57:59 Aria - Bass - The trumpet shall sound

SCENE III 2:06:40 Recitative - Alto - Then shall be brought to pass the Saying that is written 2:07:00 Duet - Alto and Tenor - O Death, where is thy Sting? 2:08:08 Chorus - But Thanks be to God 2:10:50 Aria - Alto - If God is for us, who can be against us?

SCENE IV 2:15:21 Chorus - Worthy is the Lamb that was slain 2:18:39 Chorus - Amen. 2:23:02

I honor you Doctoorrr…:smirk:And i thank you.Be well.

May you face the darkness,and win over the lightness.

1 Like

Yes.So many.Challenges…but have you challenge the dark in your own…?Have you faced your own deamones Doctoorr?:smirk::thinking:For example,and especially the “shiny ones”?

Have and allways bear in mind…

Thanks for these songs, Di…yes it’s an ongoing process to face darkness and overcome in His Light. May God be honored in all we do and say this Holy Advent Season.

I pray you enjoy Handel’s Messiah, posted above :arrow_up:for you and all of our beloved fellow Gizas. Love in Jesus, Alicia :pray:

1 Like

Week 45
Second Sunday of Advent
Read-along
Isaiah Chapter 40:1-31
KJV

Audio/Text

Prepare the Way for the Lord

1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins.

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

The Word of the Lord Stands Forever

6 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:

7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.

8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Here is Your God!

9 O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!

10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counseller hath taught him?

14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

15 Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

16 And Lebanon is not sufficient to burn, nor the beasts thereof sufficient for a burnt offering.

17 All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.

18 To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?

19 The workman melteth a graven image, and the goldsmith spreadeth it over with gold, and casteth silver chains.

20 He that is so impoverished that he hath no oblation chooseth a tree that will not rot; he seeketh unto him a cunning workman to prepare a graven image, that shall not be moved.

21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

24 Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.

25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Thanks for posting this Dr Hill, looking forward to watching this!

1 Like

So good to see you two! Yes, here’s the link to Handel’s Messiah, posted earlier, for easy access:

Week 46
Third Sunday of Advent: Listen-Read-Speak/Sing
Isaiah: Chapter 61
KJV
Audio
Listen/Soak In:

Read 1:

Is 61:1-2A, 10-11

The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
because the LORD has anointed me;
he has sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor,
to heal the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives
and release to the prisoners,
to announce a year of favor from the LORD
and a day of vindication by our God.

I rejoice heartily in the LORD,
in my God is the joy of my soul;
for he has clothed me with a robe of salvation
and wrapped me in a mantle of justice,
like a bridegroom adorned with a diadem,
like a bride bedecked with her jewels.
As the earth brings forth its plants,
and a garden makes its growth spring up,
so will the Lord GOD make justice and praise
spring up before all the nations.

Responsorial Psalm:

R. (Is 61:10b) My soul rejoices in my God.
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has looked upon his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
R. My soul rejoices in my God.
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for he has remembered his promise of mercy,

Audio
Listen/Soak In:
1 Thessalonians: Chapter 5
KJV

Read 2:

1 Thes 5:16-24

Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing.
In all circumstances give thanks,
for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
Do not quench the Spirit.
Do not despise prophetic utterances.
Test everything; retain what is good.
Refrain from every kind of evil.

May the God of peace make you perfectly holy
and may you entirely, spirit, soul, and body,
be preserved blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The one who calls you is faithful,
and he will also accomplish it. :latin_cross:
Alicia’s “Chaplain’s Prayer Corner”: Say/Sing Aloud 3x to the patient, or while walking the hospital, as desired:

Affirming Prayer for Healing:

May the very God of peace sanctify you completely.
May your spirit, soul, and body
be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Affirming Prayer for the Recipient/Patient to Say/Sing 3x, or, while resting,
as many times as desired:

May the very God of peace sanctify me completely.
May my spirit, soul, and body

Affirming Prayer for Family/Care Team: Aloud 3x, or as members desire:

May the very God of peace sanctify us completely.
May our spirit, soul, and body

Week 47
Fourth Sunday of Advent
Tantum Ergo
Therefore So Great
17th century Corsican Chant, translated from earlier Franciscan manuscripts. Generally attributed to St Thomas Aquinas c. 1264, but based by Aquinas upon various earlier fragments.

With thanks to Floriani:

Latin:
Tantum ergo sacramentum
Veneremur cernui,
et antiquum documentum
novo cedat ritui.
Præstet fides supplementum
sensuum defectui.
Genitori genitoque
laus et jubilatio,
Salus, honor, virtus quoque
sit et benedictio!
Procedenti ab utroque
compar sit laudatio!
Amen.

English Version:
Down in adoration falling,
Lo! the Sacred Host we hail,
Lo! o’er ancient forms departing
Newer rites of grace prevail;
Faith for all defects supplying,
Where the feeble senses fail.
To the Everlasting Father,
And the Son Who reigns on high
With the Holy Ghost proceeding
Forth from Each eternally,
Be salvation, honour, blessing,
Might, and endless majesty.
Amen.

Scripture Reflection:
John 15:26: “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.”

1 Like

Christmas
The Gospel of St. John

Week 48

Latin:

O Filii et Filiae

1. O filii et filiae,

Rex caelestis, Rex gloriae,

morte surrexit hodie, alleluia.

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia.

1. Et mane prima sabbati,

ad ostium monumenti

accesserunt discipuli, alleluia.

1. Et Maria Magdalene,

et Jacobi, et Salome,

venerunt corpus ungere, alleluia.

1. In albis sedens Angelus,

praedixit mulieribus:

in Galilaea est Dominus, alleluia.

1. Et Joannes Apostolus

cucurrit Petro citius,

monumento venit prius, alleluia.

1. Discipulis adstantibus,

in medio stetit Christus,

dicens: Pax vobis omnibus, alleluia.

1. Ut intellexit Didymus,

quia surrexerat Jesus,

remansit fere dubius, alleluia.

1. Vide, Thoma, vide latus,

vide pedes, vide manus,

noli esse incredulus, alleluia.

1. Quando Thomas Christi latus,

pedes vidit atque manus,

Dixit: Tu es Deus meus, alleluia.

1. Beati qui non viderunt,

Et firmiter crediderunt,

vitam aeternam habebunt, alleluia.

1. In hoc festo sanctissimo

sit laus et jubilatio,

benedicamus Domino, alleluia.

1. De quibus nos humillimas

devotas atque debitas

Deo dicamus gratias, alleluia.

English Translation:

O sons and daughters

I. O sons and daughters of the King,

Whom heavenly hosts in glory sing,

Today the grave has lost its sting, Alleluia!

II. That Easter morn, at break of day,

The faithful women went their way

To seek the tomb where Jesus lay, Alleluia!

III. And Mary Magdalene

and Jacob, and Salome,

they came to anoint the body, Alleluia!

IV. An angel clad in white they see,

Who sit and speaks unto the three,

“Your Lord will go to Galilee.” Alleluia!

V. And John the Apostle

outran Peter,

and came first to the sepulchre, Alleluia!

VI. That night the apostles met in fear;

Among them came their master dear

And said, “MY peace be with you here.” Alleluia!

VII. When Thomas first the tidings heard

That they had seen the risen Lord,

He doubted the disciples’ word. Alleluia!

VIII. "My pierced side, O Thomas, see,

And look upon my hands, my feet;

Not faithless but believing be." Alleluia!

IX. No longer Thomas then denied;

He saw the feet, the hands, the side;

“You are my Lord and God!” he cried. Alleluia!

X. How blest are they who have not seen

And yet whose faith has constant been,

For they eternal life shall win. Alleluia!

XI. On this most holy day of days

Be laud and jubilee and praise:

To God your hearts and voice raise. Alleluia!

XII. Of him to which we

raise our hearts.

Let us give thanks to God, Alleluia.

Week 49
With thanks to the St. Michael Center for Spiritual Renewal

:latin_cross: Prayer time with Father Stephen Rosetti, Monsignor and Exorcist for the Archdiocese of Washington:

I Am Loved (Longer Version)

In the Holy Name of Jesus, I know that I am a beloved daughter/son of our Heavenly Father. May the Precious Blood of Jesus cover me. In His Most Holy Name and covered in His Precious Blood, I bind all evil spirits of doubt, fear, despair, unforgiveness, unworthiness, and self-hatred.

I renounce you; I reject you; I rebuke you; and I cast you out. (3x)

I hold the TRUTH from God that I am a beloved daughter/son of the Heavenly Father. I claim that in and through the sacraments I have received, that the Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit dwells in me and that I have inestimable value in God’s eyes. I know that I am beloved because I have been created in the image and likeness of God. I know that I am beloved because God the Father has sent His Son Jesus Christ into the World because of that love. And I know that Jesus Christ died out of his personal love for me, and, in His infinite mercy, my sins are forgiven.

I forgive all those who have told me that I am worthless, unworthy, or never good enough. I ask God to forgive them and bless them.

I am a beloved daughter/son of our Heavenly Father

And for that LOVE and that TRUTH, I give Him thanks.
Amen :latin_cross:

1 Like