ON “THE MYSTERY OF JESUS FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION”—Why Did The Angels Announce “Good Tidings Of Great Joy”?

ON “THE MYSTERY OF JESUS FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION”—Why Did The Angels Announce “Good Tidings Of Great Joy”?

December 15, 2022 by SkyWatch Editor

The birth of our Lord Jesus Christ is the opening stanza of the New Testament salvation song. During this time of year especially, we sing Christmas carols with great joy as we anticipate the celebration of our Lord Jesus’ birth. Charles Wesley wrote one of our favorite Christmas hymns and called it, “Hark! The Herald!” The lyrics of the song echo what is said in Luke 2:10, “Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.” What are the good tidings of great joy? Let’s look at the events of that night so long ago. The shepherds were surrounded by bleating, smelly sheep and the dust that arose when they and their herds moved about. They had no idea what was about to happen — the pronouncement of the ages! The Bible tells us God sent an angel and he appeared before them, “and the glory of the Lord shone round them, and they were greatly afraid” (Luke 2:9). Not only did the angel reflect the Lord’s glorious light, but it was so extensive it surrounded the shepherds, too. The angel had to tell them not to be afraid, so great was the glory of the Lord that surrounded them (see also Exodus 34:29-30). The angel proclaimed his tidings of great joy and then said, “For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:11). Once the angel gave the shepherds the directions to find the baby, “suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!’” (Luke 2:13-14). Surely the shepherds were… (READ MORE)

4 Likes

As the dau. of a Baptist Minister, I am well acquainted with the Biblical Mindset! As a Grandmother who has had a lifetime to assess said claims, I would like to throw some questions out there for consideration.

The Bible did not “fall from the sky”! It was put together by human beings just like you & me. It is now apparent that we have not even received a correct translation of many key words(see the work of Anglican Priest Paul A. Wallis & Vat. Translator Mauro Biglino), to say nothing about who made the decisions as to which books were allowed in the Canon, then to be called THE Word of God. Which “God” are we talking about here???

Could the birth of Jesus just be another miraculous birth in a long line of “interventions” here on Planet Earth? What if The Star of Bethlehem was a UFO?
A Belief System is just that…something we choose to believe…whether it is true or not, doesn’t matter!!

For centuries we have accepted the tale given to us by the Roman Authorities. What is one thing any “authority” likes to do…control the masses, right?! I wonder if The Bible was Someone’s “agenda” in that regard?! I am speaking from a lifetime of experiences within the Christian Community & the observations of those around me in said Community! How better to mold a submissive, controllable population?

Quoting Pope Leo X…“How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us!” At the Battle of Chester in 616 A.D. Rome killed 1,200 monks. Joseph of Arimathea died at Glastonbury in 82 A.D. “After I had buried the Christ I came to the Isles of the West. I taught; I entered my rest.” There is a grave in India that local legends claim to be the grave of Jesus.

Questions & more questions…how do we know ANYTHING for sure, except that we have been lied to from the time of our birth?!! :innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks Colonel for the post. May you have Merry Christ-centered Christmas.

1 Like

You need to stop reasoning with reductionist mindset regarding metaphysics! I’ve shared two analogies about …

… one Yesterday

… and one Today

Hope this would be helpful eg. to understand that The Most Great Thing Is That Through Jesus Christ We Are Again Allowed To Enter Heaven and even more To Reach Eternal Heavenly Kingdom … altho even right after The Incarnation Of Our Almighty Lord in this World is extra Grace upon us all so we can withstand all the pressure till we reach Metanoia …

More precisely Mankind was never forgotten, but with our wrongly used free will not rarely we are allowing ourselves to miss the opportunity for Pure Joy even in this World except the Chance for Eternal Life in Bliss, not rarely swapping that opportunities by idolizing bodily lusts or earthly trends of hedonism materialism and egoism, in my opinion solely coz summoned by the greed for instant and possessive comfort or fun, what when exercised for a while it becomes idol which is reaching even level of cult eg. consumerism usury nationalism globalism hm not rarely all interwoven so its understandable that the hooked cant overcome its weight and reach Metanoia so would grasp see and experience Those Good Tidings Of Great Joy …

Thanks @ColonelZ
Those words in red are all important!