The Wayback Machine needs our help

In these days of disappearing information, and entire websites it is vital to access relevant information that disappears for various reasons.

Here is the link to all the past shows JPF had with Georgeann Hughes in their entirety - JosephPFarrell

Loods of very good info in those interviews, indeed vital information from the early days, but of course still very relevant today, and as it will be far into the future.

Since this is the time of the year for giving gits the folks at the Wayback Machine have a special offer that will keep it available.

** important - All donations received by December 31, 2022 will be tripled during our 2-to-1 Matching Gift Challenge.** That means a $10 gift will turn into $30 to help us keep operating!

7 Likes

We can say fundraising is normal thing for startups in usA, but for one of the most useful projects (as open web library) noone from the philanthrops to throw at least from fun one million that sounds strange! Maybe if it was word for some independent competitor of archive,org so personal donations to make difference, but for the mainstream crawler that is utmost strange! Yeah strange things are regular occurrence in dods realm of electronic intelligence!

First of all how archive,org was MIT sidekick [1][1][4] looks like one of the most dedicated dod arms for public elint!
Also accidentally or not in my experience when antinato blog of mine would get rop attack smells even more on it [2][2] and finally decade later when similar forum of mine would end up in “server error” (the bulk of first personally archived pages in march disappeared [3][3] while something survived in the second june attempt for archiving, altho think solely coz I’ve started parallelly to archive the forum on archive,is [3][3] thus probably the censors gave up … it could be that “someone” inserted “robots.txt” in the code forum what is command for archive,org not to archive the site [3][3] but that wasnt done by the technical site admin!) …

So at least to me archive,org looks like state owned project, and if so, then why the need for small donations!? Maybe coz:

1. upgrading the project on AI level through university labs where cant end up defense funds easily and like that masking the involvement while still keeping open eventual harvest of minds with passion for archiving?
  2. Xoffee for the backupers in darpa?
  3. nothing has sense so lets make nonsense from archive,org
  4. Annoying banner that will loosen interest for personal archiving?
  5. the greed in usA is till mindboggling extent?
  6. dedicated programmers ask for bonuses so would insert code for quoting address as in archive,is
  7. sending the servers on the moon?
  8. the current server basements are flooded so divers have issue around costly reparations?
  9. donation for bribing google books so would not take over the wheel?
  10. archive,org is fundraiser for the usaid and un hunger funds?
  11. hacking is always issue thus backup for ransomwarers?
  12. Feel free to add any other speculation!

anyway Respect for the will of archiving the web publicly! altho by all logic the same is instantly archived if we have in mind dods will to have ghost copy not just from the internet but everything [4][5] altho through it it’ cant be spinned false flag narrative easily as could be by the public archive and through it slippin’in whatever it needs for flagging [6][6][6] I’ll digress not that in this footnoted case is word for complete false flag, but think it was used nice framing i.e. maybe the launchers fired on the ukrainian war plain that intentially or not used the malayan plane as bait target, hm how usA didnt shared the satellite data it smells on framing plot, surely most people will have hard time to grasp how for the ea-determinists humans are just statistics and not rarely just collateral mids “their” geopolitical adventures, but overall this case potentially proves that archive,org can be good agitprop tool, in context also probably useful for reediting whole archived texts so would paint different picture day after, what tho can be evaded if any sensitive info is archived simultaneously on archive,is too that think it should be russian service, hm havent heard about such spin but multiarchiving circumvents any risks of (by whomever) later redaction mids archive,org, eventually always having extra copy on own hard drive if the info is important, simply who can tell that by hacking cant be erased particular page even from archive,is!?

yet as I can see there is still not wide censorship on the platform eg. available vaers info [7] sounds as compelling argument, what could be explained that as elint tool need to stay uncompromised, hek earlier I was witnessing kinky sites also ending with “server error” so cant make clear judgement!

Not certain that it is a “state owned project”. If you believe it to be so, could you provide us with the information where it is contained in the Congressional budget that funds the government? Thanks for your response!

hm Is anything of the net projects state project, check the next assumptions [1][1] so except as political diversification honeycombing cloaking goes nice with state’private’partnership too i.e. as usual the state software or hardware that need to meat the public are left to be shared in my opinion by owned or controlled researchers, maybe as award or by intervention, xerox&apple or ibm&microsoft comes to mind, also like this any liability is avoided, but primary there are no rumors that the tech is big’brother’asset with certain backdoor, something that took time till became known fact eg. for the numbered when already the companies grown till giants and masses already hooked on them simply dont care anymore … guess black budgets can be also allocated nowadays for similar purposes as initial investment in projects that need to be cloaked the eeg cap comes to mind [2] and foremost such companies can be boosted by rigged marketing or good critics exposure, and all this is logical even more if we know that like this any project can get extra funding by private investors instead to be pushed till the end by the state, m’rna vaccines come to mind, still the scope of archive,org is nonprofitable similar to www thus donation policy is logical yet as I’ve said for such unique service till now no generous philanthrop to secure it for good smells strangely!

good typo its plain indeed plus it could be sensed the smell even from plane :slight_smile: actually I dont have issue if it was state project, even more like that can be expected long term stability thus greater acceptance by all, and only logical explanation for the donation box is coz need for upgrade of the system by more advanced servers eventually new web standards etc. that cant be compensated solely by philanthrops, tho wonder why dont make plea to the Congress!?

but somehow this looks like preparing terrain for excuse eg. maybe for google privatization of the service, I mean after google books next huge thing for the goo is having grip on www archive coz “corporate” filtering out of any excessive unwanted info eg. deepweb or darkweb echoes etc.!?

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/23/21293875/internet-archive-website-lawsuit-open-library-wayback-machine-controversy-copyright

who controls the past controls the future … apparently the earlier loosen archiving “someone” wants to be stiffen!?

https://misinforeview.hks.harvard.edu/article/the-weaponization-of-web-archives-data-craft-and-covid-19-publics/

Now this already cliche of postfabian meme, asks for metaphysical artistic response through two rhetorical questions 1. can reflections be anyhow intercepted as link2link i.e. who has patience to come to the true unredacted source [1] and 2. in context of wayback’machine’engine can we really be certain that everything will stay as it was!? To what there is small assurance once we dig up what code slips from which lab (at least to me archive,org dont looks like genuine patent if we know that as precursor “dataBASIC” was invented on general electric turf and then after radiated to all willing to upgrade it), So its question whether the roman nephews will not burn down modern day alexsandrian library as have done in ancient times [2] at least smells like this to me, only difference is that now the owner would need to burn down its own achievement what is really pride issue how competitors exist, still the need of dumb slaves is relevant issue for the slave masters, so maybe we will see some mammonistic barriers on the tracks as normalizing spin for the current free flow …

Who knows, maybe upgrade excuse is logical for “someone” once archive,org got really important role as public one’click library, especially regarding kinky politicking ~ in my opinion first with wikileaks [3][3] while now all plandemix sites … Surely in different times different needs had have dia with the wayback machine, and even existed democratic forces that are guardians of archive,org, still mids the great’reset’agenda probably dod is on huge pressure to throw at least an pay’per’wiev lid so would introduce swayback machine!? Simply for any political elites on west living with coz and as egomaniacs it would be expected to be furious how “their” names work or achievements could be archived in spitting ensemble, probably finding refuge beneath patriotic flags how is embarrassing usA to be bashed with nazicomintern n’w’o conspiracies or freeflow assumptions by the kept in dark public!

https://archive.org/details/tv?q=politicking

http://web.archive.org/web/https://www.youtube.com/@RTAmerica

I congratulate you for writing a lot of words, but the issue is to RETAIN HISTORY, not delete it. Evil wins when good folks do nothing, and forget History, or are denied access.

Honestly I dont believe that knowledge comes free in such corrupt by default western plutocracy, and till this archive havent become library it wasnt so potent as commercial service, now if not else looks like ideal as google tool ~ maybe comparative a.i. experiments could go more smoothly like that, who knows maybe “someone” dont want to leave it at instant disposal to the world in times like these when censorship is rolled from sleeve, altho its question whether ever wayback’machine in its current form would have been allowed if wasnt good elint tool for the western intelligence, just imagine how good hint is for “them” to see which IP clicks on which evaporated sites …

About the “long posts” hm dont see how to elaborate some assumption more clear, simply when pointing to some probability I am trying to find as much variables as I could so the same would be more logical, otherwise would not respond at all …

Almost as I’ve responded exactly in time so would point on the risks of “some” evil swaying off this utmost important service for all, maybe so in time people would make copies of their favorite sites pdfs mp3s now still accessed freely … favorite echoes that if hot ww3 burst ahead its question whether will survive at all or as publicly free, actually if someone wants to keep something for good would need to download it on hdd that would be kept in faraday cage [1] or even better print it as reinsurance …

1 Like

I noticed another “wrong bonus” except the donation banner i.e. google cant (or wont) translate the archived content on the both popular services i.e. when You’ll put web,archive,org or archive,is link in Google Translate in the first case while loading the page the banner just flashes (what points that there is some issue) and eventually the page is not translated, while in the second case frozen captcha is popping up!

I. https://web.archive.org/web/20100309181428/http://www.tmar.biz/arhiva_mahatma/mahatma1/nauka%20nikola%20tesla.htm

II. https://archive-ph.translate.goog/yeGMT?_x_tr_sl=mk&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Normally we can always copy&paste some text and get it like that, yet what if one need to point to specific translation as genuine, but also highlight specific paragraph in the page!? One way around can be pushed through the next pipeline …

1. download the page from archive,org as pdf by Print as Pdf in the browser
  2. then You’ll need to process it through OCR software, dont bother with online tools it will be hilarious [1] I’ve used ABBY Fine Reader [2] and got perfect result in the end, but first few other steps till get exact translation upped on archive,is later …
  3. after upload the ocr’ered file in GT [3] and download that translated pdf again …
  4. upload the translated pdf on https://www.cloudfiles.io/tools/pdf-online-viewer
  5. then You can upload the pdf viewer link to archive,is and voila we can now quote the exact passus as in the original language [4] so as in the translation [5] altho as I can see the screenshot of cloudfiles viewer dont leads directly to marked address quote, but one need to scroll down so would see where is highlighted the exact sentence (without clicking on the page so would not lose the address line) … Also as could be seen archive,is dont snaps more than 4 pages of cloudfiles viewer so in this case we need to split this pdf in half and redone the steps for the second part ~ I’ll point again useful method for exact but quick comparison [4] so would be shown where how was present some foreign language text on some archived page [5] guess for scientific or commercial sites utmost important visual thing …

Eh it would be more easier archive,org and archive,is to have allowed direct GT translation, but till then as I see this is only way around, tho havent made complaint to GT so would see whether is maybe some glitch on their part, hm when pops on two archive services it could be their spin, if so looks like “everyone keep calm and be happy that still all net’life is not on push’of’button”

1 Like

Thanks nidster … I went over to Wayback and donated. The interviews with Joseph and Georgeann are priceless! I enjoy them so much – it’s like having friends in the living room. Put on the coffee! Alicia xo

2 Likes

Thanks! Totally agree, and you are the best!!!

1 Like

While searching for some live info from David Guyatt [1] came to other evaporated links [2][2][3][3] but when I try to push for the rest of the story normally “server error” bump is here, tho unlike the earlier opportunity to archive such s.e. pages in archive,is now I get endless loading thus here are mine screenshots [3][3] - [3][3] what is interesting is that altho the washingtontiger page that lead me to this link is still alive on net, yet when I search in any search engine in quotes for “http://home.earthlink.net/~alanyu76” I dont get any results. while without http searched as “home.earthlink.net/~alanyu76” google still dong gives nothing while duck and yahoo list only two hits, now not that I am not aware that many things are unlisted on the mainstream search engines [6][6][6] but not to crawl particular old address hm that looks like devoted effort for burying some info!

So making more clear judgement is nearer than ever … we need just correct response to their claim that such errors could be removed [4][4] and here it is [5][5] … As I see the problem with this kind of latent censorship is giving credence to all those for most of the people speculative informations, and what to say than Thanks archive,org for the affirmation!

UPS the glitch disappeared quite quick i.e. when I was searching the WM with “http://home.earthlink.net/~alanyu76/” I would get earlier “http://web.archive.org/web/2/http://home.earthlink.net/AlanYu/” while checked now once again and here we go the archived site now is reachable [7][7] still when I’ve tried to get ~alanyu76 through the summary of home.earthlink it returns empty basket [7][7] probably takes time to reappear there after lifting the block, this signal tho to another good side of the censors ! expeditiveness to remove lauded stain from archive,org ! coz whatever reasons important for this service to look independent!

Quite right nidster.
Thanks for the link!

I have written notebooks of book I’ve read.
Just yesterday I was going to buy copies of a few past books, which my library does not have a copy of anymore. I couldn’t find a copy for sale on Amazon. I still have certain passages saved, which were meaningful to me.
Your point is spot on. The black hole of pertinent information is ever-expanding.
Perhaps, a little help from an AI; that is also, ever-expanding?
Different types of AI, w/a common directive; that are good for machines, and bad for all “others”.

1 Like

Thanks, Robert. Your responses are the ones I make certain to read. With your vast knowledge from all your reading let me pose this question. Do we have dueling AI’s that ‘control’ stuff, i.e. humanity, off-Earth beings, meaning 2 or more AI’s? Thanks!

1 Like

Not only the national AI’s; but also, the privately proprietary AI’s; the interdimensional “AI’s”; and other electromagnetic AI interlopers; all vying for their piece of the action. Action, being totally foreign to “our” way of thinking. But, the problem is; when you really boil it down? Mind control.
Or, in today’s euphemistic lingo: controlling behavior.

Are we living at the end of the first cycle of technological development led entirely by human?
Is AI[above] defining and deferring the next era of technology, and thereby; our future?
Are we acknowledging how much of our own cognitive abilities are being enmeshed w/theirs?

Simply put: Ai is better at creating Ai than humans are.

Science and technology revolutionize our lives; but memory, tradition, and myth frame our response.

The real question from my perspective is not, can they reason?
Nor, can they talk?
No.
The real question?
Can they suffer?

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes, I believe they know, and fear suffering, so the next, or real question I want to know, or understand is do they know, and understand love?

I have to say nidster, that I pay particular attention to your post;
as you knew OrigensChild[not sure of spelling], if my memory serves me.
I miss him and his remarks.
From my perspective; as w/DownunderET, and others - his spirit is still w/us.

I really don’t see “AI’s” “knowing” either suffering nor love. At least as “humans” know it. That doesn’t mean there exists something akin to it in “their world”; nor, that it does exist. Perhaps, for a "lucky " few it does.

Of course, perspective is everything.
I’m thinking of a BC Comic; where BC’s perspective gets him in trouble.
Peter is high up in the cloudy mountains; standing on the clouds,
trying to talk BC into stepping on the "floating cloud w/him.
Next caption has BC stepping into, and through the cloud.
Peter is pictured standing on a Mountain ledge, inside the cloud.
BC ends up a splattered mess at the base of the mountain.
A cartoon balloon of thought is right above BC’s head - that reads:
“With my luck, I’ll probably live”.

1 Like

Thanks for the humor! We need some of that in our lives to keep us healthy. Yes, OrigensChild [Steve Franklin] is fondly remembered, and missed by many of us.

1 Like

nidster, I have to say that my favorite all time headline humor
was when Oral Roberts was given an ultimatum by God,
to raise a total or 8 million dollars or die[1987].
Finally, it was over; when a final check arrived for 1.3 million dollars
from a Florida dog track owner.
The next day, on the way to work I pulled into a gas station.
As I paid the clerk, she asked, “Did you hear?”
I replied, “What?”
She said, “Oral Roberts died”.
I exclaimed, “Your kidding!”.
She shook her head, saying, “The check bounced.”

Loved it!
Needless to say, that joke spread far & fast.

1 Like