They say the doors of hell are locked from the inside. There are sick and crazy people in every church. They get attracted by positions of power. Even in the Orthodox Church my BS detector is on full alert and I often time question and debate priests and bishops at the end of the liturgy and in front of everybody. If we are all equal in Christianity then they can take those golden robes off and funny hats with over the top gold and precious stones in them. They look ridiculous. The best thing is to find a spiritual father in a monastery in mountains. Simplifying life and just focusing on working on ourselves. For example, I refuse to step into a Serbian Orthodox Church except the one in my grandfather’s village which is made out of wood and was moved by my ancestors in the middle of the night sometimes in the 19th century so Turks couldn’t find it and burn it down. I don’t trust the patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church. He recently called someone a debile (debility) which was caught on camera.