A course in miracles

Has anyone here read or studied a course in miracles? I studied it for 12 years shortly after it was published and know a few good people who studied it longer than I. I still practice a few of its’ principals. Some of it was inspiriting;, much of it was challenging, but I didn’t find it difficult to understand as most people seem to do. Basically, it teaches self forgiveness. However, Bill Thetford was umber 2 involved in the scribing of the text, Thetford was involved with the CIA and MK Ultra.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting, Ann!

Hope you are well!

Haven’t heard of that book before today.

1 Like

Interesting that you posted this. I had recently been sorting through my old books and found my well worn copy of ACIM. I came across it in the late '80s and studied it alone and with groups for many years. I did all the lessons and went to some conferences, workshops, etc. I found it very practical and healing. I remember learning that about Thetford and wondered if ACIM was some kind of ‘operation’ and if so, what? Never hear of it anymore…

2 Likes

Michael Tsarion on A Course In Miracles

2 Likes

Ahhh, I remember that now. Thanks. I followed Tsarion for some years too. We had a local Attitudinal Healing Center, connections w/ Jampolsky. I liked his Course-based books.

1 Like

ACIM, brilliant mind control: https://truthinreality.com/2012/09/08/a-course-in-miracles-and-mk-ultra-mind-control/
Today we see the fruits of ACIM as forgiveness has become an entitlement leading to intergenerational woke, leaving accountability in the dusty relics of the past.

2 Likes

It was through Jampolsky I learned of ACIM. I saw him on Oprah. Later I joined an attitudinal healing Groupon DC. Ken Wapnick was living in Peekskill, NY at that time. I went to a seminar there and another one that he held in Va.

1 Like

Great comprehensive article. It certainly describes Helen Schumann and her reaction to the course well.
Regarding mind experiments on unwilling and unaware citizens, there are thousands of targeted individuals now and I am one. The article well describes how the military and health professionals, thousands of them, are willingly involved with this heinous deception.
I don’t know that ACIM is the origins of the current attitude of entitlement, though. If so, it’s a small contribution with our entertainment media and universities leading the way. I was recently contemplating whatever happened to the quality of modesty. I am frequently in situations where uninformed individuals dominate the conversation with their ignorant and brainwashed opinions, the jab is one example. It seems that people feel entitled to expose their ignorance as well.

1 Like

The Course teaches that when we are angry, we are projecting our own errors on others and it is an opportunity for self forgiveness. I find this often to be true, but it also gave me a lot of guilt about my anger which, as we know, is often justified. Years ago I was extremely angry about an unjust work situation. We held a meeting with our superiors to discuss the problem but no one would speak up fearing they may lose their job. By this time, though, I didn’t care about losing my job and I let it rip. When I got home from that meeting I was exhausted and felt like a spiritual failure. I fell asleep and had a vivid dream of mother Mary (I am not Catholic) with me at that meeting holding my hand. I awoke in sublime peace and understood that anger can be a useful tool to give us the impetus to do the right thing.

1 Like

That does sound like a foolish and mistaken philosophy.

Really depends on what the situation is, maybe that can be true some of the time.