A Hell Called Paul: The Hijacker of Christianity

As with all GOOD things which must be destroyed by the evildoers in order to hide their wickedness, so was the Imperial Library of Constantinople ransacked. Much of the original knowledge of the ancients was preserved. Some highly informed folks believe many of those books, documents, tablets, maps, etc. were moved into the basements of that teeny, tiny nation within Italy, which also has a consulate in every nation on the Earth.

Informed sources claim Christopher Coumbus obtained maps of North and South America that also showed a portion of Antarctica prior to his 1492 ‘historic voyage’ into the so-called New World. Others, who have written about the Knight Templars assert they actually ‘discovered’ North America prior to the voyage by Columbus. But try telling that to your typical history professor trained in schools of so-called ‘higher learning’.

There are some remaining websites that have additional information, but I do not seem to be able to locate those ‘bookmarks’ tonight from my old, off-line computer. I need to get those transferred over to this computer for easy reference.

Also look at Wiki - (Constantinople - Wikipedia).
Constantinople was once the capital city of the Byzantine Empire with one of the last of the great libraries of the ancient world before it was pillaged.

Also try these - (List of libraries in the ancient world - Wikipedia).
(Library of Alexandria - Wikipedia),

Little wonder the libraries with knowledge of the ancients had to be destroyed, or their contents moved elsewhere. I suppose it was in order to protect the guilty parties.

Edit - thought of something more. Research your friends, allies, as well as your enemies, and every other party…

While the Ruskies are a formidable enemy they can provide us with clues.

The Last Crusade: How the conflict between Russia and the West has fueled a major split in the Orthodox Christian Church — RT Russia & Former Soviet Union

1 Like

Nidster, thank you so very much for inspiring me to think about The Library of Alexandria. There are so many topics, through Dr. Farrell’s books, and through posts like yours on this forum, that inspire me to want to learn more and more and more, and to read about these topics. You are inspiring me to learn more about this library system and how knowledge has been preserved and protected and hidden – it is mind boggling to think about this, and what happened to the knowledge. Our next visit to the used bookstore will include a peek for a book on that topic, thanks to you! Recently, we heard James Corbett talk about the Library of Alexandria, and the big danger now unfolding with libraries being sterlized, and so John and I both love wallowing in the used book store.

1 Like

It is common for Muslims to reference the Book of Romans when trying to discredit Christianity.

1 Like

Christianity has taken quite a licking the last several years.

Perhaps that is due to the words we read in Romans. “And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.”

But, who is the ‘god’ that Paul - formerly named Saul, is referring to? Is it the ‘god’ of this world? Or of the Cosmos?

1 Like

Sort of like when Christ used his finger to ‘name the names’ of those who consorted with a Temple prostitute. Did he not ask them about ‘forgiving’ the trespasses of a woman who was most likely a ‘temple prostitute’?

Ron, I fully agree some ‘tinkering’ was likely done with the translations. But we can still have a good time with a little banter between friends. I have some ‘other’ thoughts about one or two of Christ’s disciples, Peter and Judas. Peter was an impetuous fellow, quick to anger. Judas was the inside man who could be trusted to ‘betray’ Christ at just the right moment in Time. Nothing was left to chance since Christ knew the timetables of his enemies.

Have you read the Didache manuscript also known as The Lord’s Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles to the Nations?
At Wikipedia (Didache - Wikipedia))

Great questions, the Romans initially considered both Mars and Jupiter to be important Gods. Can be difficult to know who/what people are talking about when they just say “God.”

1 Like

All civilizations have believed in a Deity, who was omnipotent, ever-present, and everlasting. It would be interesting to go back and re-visit the Emerald Tablets, and Enki.

[Zecharia Sitchin’s Translation Of 14 Tablets Of Enki: Complete History] (https://Zecharia Sitchin’s Translation Of 14 Tablets Of Enki: Complete History)

2 Likes

“Why do people go to Church and pray on Sun-day, not Son-day? This one is quite esoteric.”

This morsel of etymological tripe does a great job of demonstrating why no-one need bother to scale your wall of text on the account of a feeling that there might be something of value in it.

2 Likes

Thank you, ad…I packed a couple of extra airbags for the duration of this thread’s flight, in case you get another bout of queasy, please feel free to grab one of mine . . .

1 Like

No, there was no thought in my mind that you were being ‘irritated’ with me. Since we discuss things that are out of the ordinary, and since it is unusual subject matter it simply, and naturally leads to wide speculation or questioning from others.

One question I could throw into the conversation is the presence of ‘numerology’ in the so-called Old Testament, and the presence of so-called Theomatics present in the so-called New Testament. Wikipedia defines Theomatics as the numerological study of the Hebrew/Aramaic and Greek text of the Christian Bible.

Biblical numerology is based upon gematria and isopsephia, by which the proponents of the idea claim it shows the direct intervention of the True and Living God in the writing of Christian scripture.

I have a copy of the book ‘Theomatics’ and it does add some fascination to the idea that either the True and Living God inspired men to write the words we have been given. Or it could be ‘something’ like a computer program which wrote the words taken from old manuscripts.

Regardless, it is my belief ‘GOD’ exists as a Trinity: as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Incidentally, it has been stated that the reason, or perhaps the final straw that led to the ‘split’ or division of the Eastern Church in Constantinople from the Western Church in Rome was over the Doctrine of Double Procession. Simply stated the question is, “Does the Holy Spirit ‘proceed’ from both the Father and the Son”?

I fully understand that is a gross understatement of the discussion. Now, to get into further trouble it is my thought that God, as a Trinity could be simply thought of as water. Where water is perfectly capable of being present in three distinct states: as ice, as liquid, or as vapor.

3 Likes

One thing I love, by and large, about this forum is how people share all kinds of ideas that would seem “off the twig” in more conventional circles. I love the frankness, and I love the disagreements (when they are not accompanied by disrespect for anyone), as I think that intellectual disagreements are somewhat like flags indicating that deeper knowledge lurks beneath the surface. I especially love how the ideas differ, because of different backgrounds and different books that people have accessed. So, Ron64, it matters not what you think – most of us love to hear it.

I’m not sure I would have chosen the words: “Hell” and “Hijacker” in the title of the thread – my own choice of title might have been: “Some Questions about Paul”. My head is full of them. Which is why I have not contributed much to the conversation, as I have more questions than any solid ground for believing anything. I am open to hearing different ideas, and have been enjoying the parts of this thread where people have been sharing their own ideas (and not just some cutting and pasting from very lenthy third party documents – I felt like a fool having first thought that a forum member spent a lot of his own time researching and writing an essay for us, and then finding out that he merely cut and paste and that was not his own time or thought at all, but perhaps some other agenda related to distributing a brochure piece meal, which is inappropriate use of a forum such as this – it was a learning experience for me, that not everyone is necessarily here on this forum to engage in an exploratory discussion).

With regard to the Apostle Paul, I’m open to the idea that he was a politician who changed affiliations during his career (I’ve seen plenty of that in Canadian politics), and even perhaps underwent a change of heart from the former Saul that he was, after a period of repentence. Some people do walk away from an unsavory past, after they repent, and move on to a better way of life. I would hope that most of us are capable of doing that. I’m also never far from wondering whether a scribe or text interpreter may have messed about in some areas (we are sometimes told in the bible, beware of the lying scribes) that may be ambiguous. I’m also open to some suggestion that Paul may not have been what he seemed, and that he may have tried to further his own political agenda, given that he was a skilled politician. And, I’m open to considering that some things in the bible were presented cryptically, as a lot of killing was going on because of peoples’ beliefs. When we were at the used bookstore, we found Laurence Gardner’s book “Bloodline of the Holy Grail”, which describes how some parts of the bible were presented cryptically to try to prevent the Romans from understanding what Jewish people were communicating about their history. I don’t understand the cryptic meanings embedded within biblical text, but I find it interesting to read about this, and learning more, as it is utterly fascinating. Sounds like you and others on this thread have been exploring this theme, and I find it fascinating what you are all sharing.

All of these ideas are fascinating to me, and I haven’t decided one way or another what to believe, and feel that I have way more reading to do, including then re-reading bible passages to try to make sense of something that was incomprehensible to me for a long time. I have been finding this thread very helpful in terms of book suggestions, thoughts, and ideas, and want to thank all of you for sharing what you all think.

3 Likes

Ron: I think your idea to start a new thread for the ELS topic is great. Many people are not reading this thread “Hell called Paul”, and so your ELS topic is completely buried. If you get a new ELS thread going, then you might consider whether you want to copy this particular (informative) post to that thread, and then delete this post from this thread (otherwise you might wind up with dealing with two threads, one of which some people, who might otherwise be interested in this topic, aren’t seeing as they don’t look at the “Hell called Paul”).

I’ve never heard of ELS, but we’ve been learning a little about sacred geometry, and are intrigued with how mathematics is embedded in ancient sacred texts.

1 Like

I can’t even. ‘Jesus’ doesn’t end in ‘ayin’; it’s Tetragrammaton with a shin in the middle: Yod-heh-shin-vau-heh. And the four characters you’ve chosen at random aren’t even in the correct order in the first text: If you’re reading right-to-left, top-to-bottom, they appear in the sequence Ayin, Vau, Shin, Yod - not Yod, Shin, Vau, Ayin.

This guff gives gematria a bad name.

1 Like

Sorry this upset you @adspiro, that was not my intention. I am not the founder of this research and I didn’t choose the spellings at random or the direction in which the words are searched. I just looked into the subject deeper to see if there was any truth to the claims from a so-called biblical scholar, and it seemed to be a nothing burger.

If you have an issue with the Hebrew letters and their order for the spelling of Jesus, then take it up with the author of the book I linked below. It’s possible there is something to the ELS theory with the proper spellings of Jesus and the original Hebrew text. All I know is that this particular authors claims, the spellings and the text he used for queries don’t seem significant enough to be other than random. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/Yeshua-Name-Jesus-Revealed-Testament/dp/0921714343/ref=sr_1_2?crid=14V5GR9L5VR3R&keywords=rambsel&qid=1703524586&sprefix=rambsel%2Caps%2C110&sr=8-2

@Ron64
Maybe this could be of interest to you.
https://meruvideo.com/

1 Like

Thanks for the link and it does look interesting. I gave up on looking into things like this over 20 years ago because I realized it’s all over my head. I was simply sharing my research into a book I read years ago and some get touchy about it, so I’m done sharing. I’ll just read what others have to say from this point forward and keep my opinions and research to myself. I hope you’re having a Merry Christmas.

1 Like

I made this a while back. I’m a visual person. :slight_smile: