A New Navy Weapon Actually Stops You From Talking

A New Navy Weapon Actually Stops You From Talking (interestingengineering.com)

5 Likes

…And the best part of that article was the last two words, “domestic malcontents”. Thanks for the post.

3 Likes

If I said, “Havana Syndrome,” I wonder what AHAD would say?!

They don’t even try to hide it: “The device is unlikely to be used on the battlefield anytime soon and will probably be used as a form of crowd control.”

5 Likes

This may be new as a weapon, but it goes back at least as far as the late 60’s as a known phenomenon. I was training in experimental psychology then, and remember a paper reporting just this effect, observed in a lab experiment. It was ostensibly investigating one possible cause of stammer, and very effectively demonstrated its induction simply by placing headphones over the subject’s ears and playing their own voice back to them, delayed by, I forget exactly how long, but around the 0.5 - 0.75 second mark.
I imagine it could be countered in a public control situation by wearing ear-defenders - but of course it would then affect your ability to hear anyone else’s voice…

5 Likes

oh my darling. even the 114 sura asks to be shielded from such voices. no-thing new
move along :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps they obtained this technology from the "ET"s? There have been multiple reports going back decades about abductees not being able to speak.

Perhaps ET has nothing to do with it…

2 Likes

I have a neighbor I’d like to try this out on…

3 Likes

…“will probably be used as a form of crowd control.”

Riiiiight! Mind manipulation, voice manipulation, what’s next? Walking backwards when we want to move forward?

3 Likes

Yes, it’s already public information. The police and military have had sonic/acoustic weapons and crowd-control systems for at least a decade - and have already used them, eg, “LRAD”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P3FsLMKwJE

3 Likes

What could go wrong w/a technocracy in control?

That is a possibility as well.

Ear defenders are a good idea, but I suspect that in wearing them a citizens’ group would need to master Sign Language in order to communicate with one another during such an assault by the powers of darkness.

1 Like

@Perelandra3 Maybe they should invest in signal lanterns, morse code classes and semaphore flags/classes - although neither would be much use through clouds of tear gas!

2 Likes

it resonates with ur skull, no ear defense possible

1 Like

I had another idea. Steven Hawking used a (notoriously antiquated version) touch-talking device. You could just interface it to a loud-hailer (bull-horn US) held at arm’s length. I have an image of a herd of elephants advancing, bellowing insurrection and torment at all those front-line shock-troop Robo-cops!

i was just wondering: is there any possibility to have a civil application?
i mean that there is a lot of chatter, too much, people speaking all the way
at home, the family. it surely would be good to be the ‘nice guy’. u just hear what u want. on button
if its under 400 bucks i’ll take it, if not, lease it

Heck, Just go to the local hardware store and get some earplugs for a few bucks!!