A reminder the forum is not your personal blogsite

A screenshot of posts by two people seems pretty particular.

I did not post those… your comment was general and I thought directed at my warning. Apologies for the mixup

1 Like

There is a third author of a topic you missed there!

That is just from the public topic list viewable to everyone already.

1 Like

Here is a still picture.

1 Like

Ain’t it weird … I originally thought the message was advice for me and I felt awful and wanted to delete but didn’t know which one, but seeing this forums’ interaction I thought I would throw a word also, that we can laugh about it now and more emboldened to reflect good on our posting, with patience of a Tracker, to not be overwhelmed by other distracting Scents in picking our Knows

1 Like

Embarrassing …I corrected my original comment and now it’s put at the Top as latest ,

Sorry if that is seen as rude could delete that.

Didn’t mean any kind of an insult to anyone by that, just mentioning/documenting that some folks post a lot of topics isn’t necessarily bad or good can just be too much to read.

Also confusing why so many new topics becomes impossible to talk about all of them.

2 Likes

Totally agree myself, and we shouldn’t be discouraged by members who bring it up , i’d rather know than not , if the comment is for me Bahri then im cool

1 Like

Sort of wishing one of those frequent posters would have interesting comments on the Tictok developments.

Seems to be generating more deep state fear than warranted. What’s the plot

plot discover GIF by Australian Survivor
Just trying the gif button

1 Like

Don’t know exactly what you mean, but TikTok gets disected from various angels thru this channel.

3 Likes

This was a reminder that the people who should have taken notice ignored completely, like it applies to everyone except just them.
I feel the forum is hijacked by a couple of profiles at this point ; whenever i visit it’s the same people who have the front page decorated with posts.
I’ve noticed less posts from other users, so I guess there’s less activity here than it used to be, and I really do believe it is because of this exact reason, that some people treat the forum like their personal blog, where they forward every news article they come across .
They hardly participate in other peoples posts whatsoever, it’s all about playing news editor or something and I really think its killing the vibe of the forum.
It’s sad, as this forum has the potential to be one of the most interesting ones there is, with smart, curious people enlightening each other and share information.
Maybe a “3 post pr day” rule could be a solution?
I know I’m losing interest myself, and hopefully there was a reason behind posting this warning, that other’s have the same feeling.
It would probably be in the interest of the spammers as well, to constrain themselves to post less, or the result will be two-three people forwarding news articles to each other. Yeeeih.

12 Likes

I just posted an update, to one of my previous posts, but you won’t see it on the front page,
because I didn’t reply to my own initial post because I know what it does to a thread.
I think this is the only reason, why the same names keep popping up on the frontpage continuously.
Do I think the persons in question do it on purpose, YES! Its a form off “hack” to keep ones topic floating on top, or you can call it misusing the functionality of the forum.
Check for yourself, scroll up to the initial post and look at the statistics, (who replied most to the initial post) there is your culprit!

1 Like

There was someone who followed this more analytically who pointed out that the ones in question was posting 8-10 posts a day, and had done so over a certain period of time.
And it’s the same people who are constantly “first” with posts, which is another problem: users who might not be in here all day don’t get to post anymore.
It’s not a problem in itself ,who posts what.
It doesn’t really matter who posted a post, right, you can comment on it all the same?
But I see less activity from profiles who used to be pretty active, and that’s a shame, if instead of growing, the opposite happens to the forum.
Cause as I said: if it in the end ends up just being a handful of people forwarding 10 news articles to each other every day, it won’t benefit the forum in the long run.
Plus that’s what blogs are for. If you have so many interesting articles to show everyone, use the proper platform for it.
If you don’t get the desired traffic, that’s not really someone else’s forum’s problem. And I believe that’s what Joseph meant by pointing out that this is not your personal blog.
If you still feel this forum is the right place; what about making 1 post, called " Posts i find interesting" or something, where you can forward the part of internet you haven’t yet posted in here.
That way you get to post as much as you want and people can easier ignore that content if they so like.

4 Likes

When I first stumbled upon the site years ago the membership counter was under 300. What caught my attention and kept me interested was the remarkable postings and remarks indicative of erudition and command of the subject matter rarely found except in a good hard copy book and I was learning about ideas I’d never considered. As I watched the counter increase, cheering as it went to 400, then 500 etc. until now it’s over 1300. Good I thought, thinking the good Dr. could use the extra cash, he certainly deserved it since the site was awesome.
Fast forward to now, well it’s years later and most of he original crowd is no longer here for many different reasons. The few that are I sometimes see in the Vid Chats where the “ good stuff” still exists. The normal everyday Forum stuff ain’t what it used to be, times change.

10 Likes

I agree… but there is little I can do… the people posting too much (there is one in particular) have not violated any standards nor guidelines, but seem incapable of taking the hint… I am hoping for a return of some more elevated discussion myself, not a log jam in a stream…

8 Likes

I think there is the possibility of limiting topics to a decent daily number though.
I believe I have seen a “Maximum 3 topics pr day” policy in other forums.
That way people can reply to other peoples posts as much as they want, but being limited in creating new topics.
But I do understand your side of it as well.

4 Likes

I’ve never understood why you would be part of a community and not participate in other people’s posts? Perhaps this should be part of a new set of guidelines to limit the amount of information noise.

2 Likes

Assolutamente - 100 % !
I saw 8-9 posts from one person on the front page.
I checked how many replies (s)he had on the remaining posts, and there wasn’t a single one.
And that should really tell you all you need to know about the agenda here; someone needs confirmation, every 40th minute or so, and gets it by forwarding half the internet for us to read, and couldn’t care less about participating in the forum.

3 Likes

That can be changed in settings, think default is 20 topics or something.

There is a limit of three topics for first day of new user account.

I can change other users settings?
Or limit how many posts I want to see from other users?
That would be great if that is the case:)
Hope you and yours are well.