AFTER THE NOTRE DAME FIRE: A THEME PARK?

Originally published at: https://gizadeathstar.com/2021/12/after-the-notre-dame-fire-a-theme-park/

Today’s blog is unusual, in that I am not going to comment much on the article, other than to say…

2 Likes

Made me sick to have read this! So all the announcements shortly after this “accident” that they would try to build Notre Dame exactly the same way back & even use special oak trees & old techniques!

Pretty obvious that much of this were Lies!

I was 14 times in Paris (I always drive with my car to Paris) & only once I was able to visit & go inside Notre Dame!
The real Notre Dame was for me beyond words. For me Notre Dame was far more magic than the PetersDom & one of the most aswesome cathedrals I have ever seen (and I have seen a “few”)
Even to walk (which I did every time I was in Paris) around this small Île de la Cité is magnificent!

I really fear that they want to ruin one of the most imortant cathedrals & symbols of christianity on the world!
In some way to make NotreDame a kind of “fun-park” & disneyland BS is even worse than what the Turks & Erdogan did to the majestic (1000years long christian legendary Cathedral) Hagia Sophia.

With this desecration, France & the French would truly show the world that they are also complete under luciferian control & that they gonna start with Notre Dame as the most important symbol in their country & will then start the real War on Christianity in France & Europe, after they are “finished” with Notre Dame!

1 Like

Due to the lack of brevity requirement, I can only add… WTF??? Get God out of the picture and make it pedoville (aka Disneyland)?

2 Likes

I have never been to Notre Dame, and I will likely never be able to visit its remains. But I can relate to its loss. We have a wonderful much younger cathedral here, called St Marks, which has served for many decades as a place to regain equilibrium and a sense of well being. Especially on Sunday evenings. Up until March 2020… when it was shut down. Yes, you could listen on the radio, or stream. But the whole point was to be physically present in the structure… I think this loss is understood by those imposing it.

I came across this interview of an elder who was a farmer in the UK, and at age 60, he began to visit cathedrals just to be present, and find his own method of prayer. After several decades now, he is still thriving in this practice. He need not use words to tell us this, as his physical exuberance describes it very well. I think you may have said you are not fond of the interviewer. I am not so familiar with him. But I shared this anyway as I felt an unusual clarity coming from the elder.

Elder in the UK, at Cathedral.

4 Likes

I agree… the physical presence in those spaces is important. I suspect, like you, that was one reason for the lockdowns and I also suspect that is the reason they are trying to uglify those spaces with ugly “art” and vestments and “liturgy” and so on.

4 Likes

yep. they love to kill the power places. and hearts and minds being close to each other.

2 Likes

i just sifted through the long article, but
when i heard it burning 2 years ago i knew something was off and felt it dearly
my sister visited it the days of yore (…) and brought her heart back shining
and ‘notre dame’ is very dear to the hungarians, as we have deep roots in the feminim ‘goddess’ and st. stephen offered our country to the virgin mary
and
in our old tradition, which is very much like the taoist tradition, we have ‘babba’ since creation :wink:

I have been to Notre Dame once, on a very cold day in February.
The building was not to my taste - but that is not the point. My tradition is different, I was brought up in the UK Baptist tradition in Coventry after the war. We were excited to build ‘modern’ in the sixties, and were much more involved in the spiritual and social fabric than the historicity of the material that supported it. My own church (Hearsall Baptist) was constructed alongside the assembly rooms that had served us since the early 20th C, at the same time that the new cathedral was built alongside the old one, burnt out in the blitz of course, along with much of the mediaeval guild town at the heart of Coventry. For some reason, no-one seemed to even consider doing what the German cities did, reconstructing the originals that had been bombed to smithereens. We wanted new! Much of what was rebuilt here turned out to be abysmal, but we were living in ruins, with prefab houses, prefab shops, prefab everything in the centre. I played in the rubble as a young child, along gap-toothed, blackened streets.

You can pursue a true spiritual life in new surroundings - it all depends on motive and motivation of those in power. As someone has recently said (was it Jay Dyer?), the churches have largely been turned into NGO’s. Under these circumstances, to compound the tragic loss of historical continuity in architecture and treasure, by wilfully ‘repurposing’ the remains for dark reasons, is horrifying, but not a cause for spiritual despair. The first Christians had no buildings, let alone cathedrals - their church was in their hearts and gathered voices, and it was plainly a thing of joy, ferment and liberation.

Evil is real - did we think it was not? It is to be expected that our habitual props will be periodically smashed, institutions and buildings alike. If we become too down-hearted, it only assists the enemy in their underlying ‘menticidal’ (ugly word) intentions.

3 Likes

It has less to do with history than the power presented in the place. I am sorry you did not experience Notre Dame, either it’s exterior nor interior, with objectivity. I spent a summer in France, 1976, with a group of landscape architecture grad students and the 10 days in Paris, since we were across the Seine in a Taiwanese owned hotel, I spent the evenings sitting along the river looking at the center of the City- Notre Dame. I was extremely sad that they made it into a spectacle with flashing colored lights at night, but I had walked inside the space (as I had done the Chateau we had studied all summer) and could feel the years of spirits that occupied it, the power of belief. II was an Episcopalian, had felt the church had walked away from its people in trying to change the language and become “modern”, so Notre Dame embodied the history of Christianity in France to me. Very moving and helped me understand it wasn’t the denomination- it was the power in belief.

3 Likes

I only said it wasn’t to my taste - I think we’re all allowed that, and I was meaning to imply that while I had little link to the culture and history embodied in Notre Dame, that wasn’t the point. I loved the experience, partly just because it was alien to my own background - not being professionally involved in architecture, landscape, city or otherwise, I simply enjoyed it as part of a city whose historical continuity through two world wars I sometimes envied.

I grew up in an atmosphere of modernism, which is not always a simple matter of trashing the past - there is such a thing as beneficial innovation, despite the obvious current horrors we are experiencing. As an architectural student yourself you must be aware of the evolution of style in such long-lived artefacts as cathedrals. Sometimes this is gradual and takes lifetimes to happen, but occasionally there are abrupt changes - the advent of the Norman ‘cathedralisation’ of England after the invasion is one example, as is the parallel castle-building activity of that period. I think it is the motives and motivation behind innovation that matters - and in this I’m sure most people here would agree that the forces at work now are very dark, overshadowing everything that has been happening.

As an aside, one of my sons is a stone-mason (not a FM) - apprenticed for five years, he’s now a ‘journeyman’ having worked in many yards and site-locations. He would not work in a cathedral, although he cut the large modern floor mosaic for Hereford. He uses air-chisels, which are verboten for the traditionalists of the Cathedral yards, to cut and carve those intricate traceries and apertures. Interestingly, he is quite vehement that his techniques ‘hurt’ the stone less, and cause less long-term deterioration than old-fashioned methods. He is also a master of modern CNC methods to cut giant slabs in ways that cannot be done at all with hand-tools. Most stone-work is restorative, apart from the large ashlars used to clad modern buildings or pave streets - his attitude is progressive-modernist in method, but agnostic as to the commissions or jobs he’s given.

3 Likes

Thank you for that explanation. Your aside is most interesting. I designed massive stone walls for a large estate in Connecticut that were built using traditional masonry techniques, all done by Europeans that the Italian quarry-owner employed for the job. The architect on the job was Theirry Despont, a Parisian who was working on Bill Gates Seattle home at the time (also worked on the Statue of Liberty, ironically). I relied on the civil engineer for foundation and similar wall support (the longest wall was 14’ high). I would be most fascinated by the work your son is producing. I am sure he would open my eyes to concepts I don’t even know to question.

3 Likes

Thanks - very interesting, and much respect to you! There is a long tradition of masons travelling throughout the world - certainly all across Europe - to work on large projects. It’s a true craft, one of the oldest in the world - we don’t need any cults or secret societies to climb on a bandwagon to tell us that and mystify everything…

I’ll see if I can grab a few shots from my son’s portfolio, and pass them on here - might take a while, as he’s notoriously hard to contact!

3 Likes

xtuartb and justawhoaman you are making my mouth water with your descriptions of historic architectural restorations! I’d love to see photo shorts from your son’s portfolio, so please share!

2 Likes

Good story! It transported me to see it as you did. Power of belief. Add intention, then you are cooking with the real stuff. Meanwhile, just filling up the space between birth and elsewhere.

sigh My son has to be the most disorganised person I’ve ever known - he’s dug out one or two pic’s, and promised a few more.

Here’s one piece he did fairly recently, the head of a (Corinthian?) column being restored at a London residence. Portland stone, which he complains smells like fish when it’s being worked! (it’s upside-down in the pic). Took him several weeks, with much of the work being in measuring and templating the eroded details of the old one. Portland is quite a friable stone, so expensive mistakes are easy to make, when you’re dealing with a large piece like this (about 6 feet across). The cages in the background mainly contain slate ‘slips’, used for creating the close vertical-jointing between heavy components in something like a column, pegged with metal locators and filled around with lime mortar.

As I said, I’ll try to get him to cough up some more pic’s if anyone’s interested.

2 Likes

nice work
if u have good imagination and blooming creativity, then try to paint it rainbow!
visualizing yogi mindtricks upon the sand
or just paint it black

a friend/brother of mine is a stone-cutter mason as well. worked on the renovation of this neauty as well:

and this is a present for our kung-fu master from hungarian red marble

(the best picture i had ;-(

god bless all the free masons!
LOL

2 Likes

There are some interesting talks by Rupert Sheldrake on the revival of pilgrimages.

2 Likes

Thank you. What an interesting building, beautifully balanced and looking beautifully renovated. And what a thoughtful present for your master - I am guessing he was pleased.

we guess too. didnt get killed yet… :wink:
if u piss him off is to piss off a worldwide renowned prof of chinese medicine and service training, which is not a good combination of health prospect assessment :rofl:
just kiddin’ and bragging. he is one of the most humble persons on earth in civil. a real blessing to the planet. and very, very deep and tricky. as a real dragon. and i am (we - the family) grateful.

1 Like

OMG, thank you so much for sharing. The only words I can find right now is that it’s a breathtaking work of art that truly feeds my soul!!
If your son finds any more photos, I’d love for you to share them with us!

1 Like