Albert Speer’s Warning to the West About The Rise of Technocracy

2 Likes

Technocracy movement began in the 20’s and 30’s and really had its enlightment with Howard Scott’s Technocracy inc.
The technocrats made a believable case for a kind of technological utopia, but their asking price was too high. The idea of political democracy still represented a stronger ideal than technological elitism. In the end, critics believed that the socially desirable goals that technology made possible could be achieved without the sacrifice of existing institutions and values and without incurring the apocalypse that technocracy predicted.

The faction-ridden Continental Committee on Technocracy collapsed in October 1936. However, Technocracy Incorporated continued
On the 8 October 1940 the arrests have been made. The charges were for being a member of an illegal organisation Technocracy Incorporated . One of the arrested was Joshua Norman Haldeman, an amateur archaeologist, a former [Regina] chiropractor and former director of Technocracy Incorporated, the grandfather of taa daa Elon Musk.

I guess nazis took over from there.

Patrick M Wood wrote two books about this topic in depth.

3 Likes

… see also F. G. Jünger’s … The Failure of Technology (Die Perfektion der Technik,1946)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Patrick Wood’s website is where I actually found this article but it linked to the full version I posted.

It sounds like a lot of these NGO’s (non govermental organizations) that fail, just regroup under another name. Just look at the League of Nations and the United Nations or The Justice League and The Legion of Doom.

It amazes me how ambitious the movie “Metropolis (1927)” was, being so expensive and how long it was originally, uncut. More footage was found somewhere, I think maybe Argentina, that allowed a version over 20 minutes longer. What an influential film. I guess this would all lead to movies critical of the new industrial revolution paradigm like Jacques Tati’s Mon Oncle (1958.) They don’t make them like they used to.

1 Like

And also Charles Chaplin, with the movie “Modern Times” :

And not for no reason, too.

Thanks for the heads up. I studied to be an engineer and was just reading about the technocracy movement that put engineers in a separate class to be treated with “kid’s gloves.” I had other interests since high school including political science that I excelled at in college, taking a course focusing on the Middle East at a time where the US was goaded into a war in Kuwait known as the Gulf War. The Prof. used to emphasize that technology was the spearhead of the economy. I had him for a teacher in economics as well that was the prerequisite course, but it mainly focused on the industrial revolution. It makes sense that this breakaway civilization of oligarchs would treat those holding the keys to technological advancements in a higher caste, and would be so dependent upon their cooperation, thus the need to completely subvert culture and education, weaponizing anthropology and other liberal arts as well, creating the illusion of democracy and freedom of choice. This is a very “interesting time” where we see the end game in the future portrayed in such science fiction movies. Motion pictures were always looked upon by them as a means of casting a spell to delude the masses and strengthen the illusion of a world with righteous political leaders when the inversion, with criminals running the show, is the norm. Without the cooperation of the scientists, their plans would be thwarted, and so the need for class warfare and a huge gap between rich and poor that is the plans for the “Great Reset.” Endless wartime that feeds this viscous cycle in a society of the deceived and drugged masses sees these technological advancements, that otherwise would be slower to develop. That is why all the wars are manufactured and engineered to seem organic, with bankers owning the industry and funding both sides. It took me a while to see this, but living in America is like living in a spiritual battlefield of the users and the used, while the rest of the world looks on in dismay at our lack of morals and ethics, our military might falling into the wrong hands.