Are SMART METERS Incendiary Devices? Smart Meter Replacement on Maui and Kelowna, BC was completed early 2023 // Smart Meters have a documented history of catching fire, exploding and causing voltage surges that start house fires

Pinched from another site:

Fire chiefs call for smart meter probe after blazes

Smart Meters Coming to All Islands in Hawai`i!

Vanguard and BlackRock own controlling shares in Hawaiian Electric at a combined 20%.

Kelowna Residents fought Smart Meter installation for almost a decade. They Lost. Smart Meters have been installed throughout Okanagan and Kelowna:

6 Likes

Oh boy, would I like to dissect one of them.

Any semiconductor device is capable of developing a short-circuit, which, depending on circumstances, causes overheating. The blocks in blue are all low-current and protected internally by the DC-DC power supply–they should not be capable of causing fire. The dark pink block highlights wiring and components connected to the power source, which is typically an outdoor transformer with hundreds of amperes of current capacity.

If a short-circuit develops in a dark pink area on the diagram, there is no fuse or breaker to trip and so the shorted components continue to heat and burn. This shorted condition can last for milliseconds, seconds or minutes, depending on the nature of the short. Once the overcurrent (from the shorted component) starts, it will not stop heating until something melts (“opens”) in the overheated circuit(s). Meanwhile, adjacent combustibles (e.g., one’s house) start burning, too.

That Remote Disconnect Relay is likely some sort of power semiconductor and not a mechanical relay these days. (Gee, they can really interrupt your power!) Power semiconductors can create some real fireworks if they short out. It has crossed my mind that THIS component could be designed to short-circuit BY EXTERNAL COMMAND.

5G is another topic entirely.

Anyhow, we didn’t seem to have meter fires in the old days.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this. The Smart Meter issue in BC is a sore point with us. People who kept their analogue meters are required to pay a lot of money in monthly bills, thus the safer analogue meters are available only to people who have a lot of expendable income. The majority of people can’t afford those high fees.

There is a daily newsletter, put together by a lady in Canada, that covers the 5G & related tech issues from around the world. The newsletters are posted and archived at this web site (or one can sign up for the emails): http://citizensforsafertech.ca/

5 Likes

I think the majority of the fires, in BC and on Maui were started by smart meters. Don’t know about BC but just takes one flame-up to start a fire. Would explain why the homes were white ash and trees still have leaves. Talked to my BF on Kauai for about 2 hours today. She used to work for electric co. there and says SM’s can most definitely spark up and the islands are filled with them. She also said that in the opinion of everyone, TPTB want the entire HI, not just Maui.

At present, looks like all of Canada has a nice line of fires stretched out for 3,000 miles from Yukon to Newfoundland. Someone(s) have to be guiding these flames.

2 Likes

This is a good reason to not install electric meters on houses.

2 Likes

Do you know the amount those fees cost?

Here in America the cost is $7.50 a month more for an analog meter, that doesn’t seem that expensive of a cost to pay for someone to read a meter every two months ($15 per reading).

1 Like

I would never have one. All “smart” things should be avoided.

1 Like

I take my meter readings and send them in by email. Its been years since anyone came to read my meters.

1 Like

Wish I was THERE. Which country do you live in?

1 Like

UK. Not as good as it was, going downhill fast :frowning:

If I were in UK, this would be my dream come true

(Sorry to go off topic. ‘Can’t Help Myself!’ LOL!)

1 Like

We should have a gardening thread! there’s one for music so why not? Good to share inrormation on best varieties etc.

2 Likes

@Bahri: Your additional costs at $7.50/month for the analog meter seem reasonable. It’s still unfair, even at that price. No one should have to pay extra for a safer contraption.

The analog’s are called “Legacy Meter” here.

The only people who are permitted to have “Legacy” meter, are original owners of the houses who were living in those houses when Smart Meters were installed some years ago, and who are willing to pay $32.40/month extra. Once ownership changes, the “Legacy Meters” get replaced with Smart Meters. At that point, the new owner does not have an option to get an analog.

People who have previously chosen to the Radio turned “off” on the Smart Meter for an additional $20/month, can do so, but anyone who has not previously chosen to do that cannot use this option.

BC Hydro has produced a 242-page terms and conditions document that no one reads, and these charges are laid out on page 67. https://app.bchydro.com/content/dam/BCHydro/customer-portal/documents/corporate/tariff-filings/electric-tariff/bchydro-electric-tariff.pdf

Here is some wording from their web site about the meter options, that states that people in BC have almost no options (except for those who were on the ball from the beginning when the smart meter installations were underway in 2011, and who have the money to pay):

Home â€ș Accounts â€ș Electricity rates & energy use â€ș Electricity meters â€ș Meter types, access, and replacements

Meter types, access, and replacements

Electricity meters are the end point of the large and complex electricity system that serves your home and businesses.

The meters measure your electricity use for billing. And to make sure you’re billed correctly, they must pass strict accuracy tests throughout their lifecycles.

Our standard meters are smart meters

In 2011 we invested in our metering system, installing smart meters for 99% of our customers. These meters are our standard equipment. They measure detailed information about the flow of electricity and power you use and create a communications network to send this data back to us automatically each day.

Smart meter fees

• Set-up fee: none
  • Monthly fee: none

Smart meter features

• Automatic meter reading
  • Next day consumption data available in your MyHydro account
  • Streamlined move-in/move-out process
  • Automatic outage detection

Other meter types

Radio-off meters

A radio-off meter is a smart meter that’s been adjusted so that it doesn’t communicate wirelessly. If you’re part of the small number of customers who have these meters, a BC Hydro employee visits your property every two months to manually download consumption data from the meter to ensure you’re billed accurately.

This means you don’t have access to your home’s consumption data in your MyHydro account until after the manual meter reading site visit, and you’ll have to call us to report a power outage.

Eligibility

Radio-off meters are only available to customers who need to replace their existing radio-off meter. If you already have a smart meter, you’re not eligible to request a radio-off meter.

Radio-off meter fees:

• Set-up fee: $22.60
  • Exit fee: $55
  • Monthly fee: $20

Fees recover the additional costs for resources, equipment and systems that were automated by our standard smart meters. All fees were reviewed and approved by the B.C. Utilities Commission.

Legacy meters

Legacy meters are discontinued equipment that are not available for any BC Hydro customer to request, relocate or purchase.

1 Like

The smart meter fire phenomenon is very chilling, especially how it’s playing out in certain locales. Especially the denial program that accompanies it:

Even so, I’m inclined to wonder if the causes of the many fires across Canada are a “mixed bag” in which the tech fires are being hidden. (I’ve got this “multi-variate” instinct, which makes analysing the cross country phenomenon so very messy).

In Canada, every year, many get started by lightening. Others by smokers and careless people. Others by arson (and that may be on the increase). In the midst of all these “regular standard causes”, the people who are running malfeasance operations (directed energy and climate weapons, and let’s add “smart meters” to the bag too), are working their magic and causing additional fires, and then blaming them on the standard reasons (which still occur to some extent, perhaps even moreso given the prolonged droughts in many areas).

I have come to wonder whether the malfeasance operations, though, are now starting to comprise the larger part of what we’re seeing. The widespread fires that happened across Canada durng the spring made me suspicious, as that is normally outside of the normal fire season, and that was so incredibly widespread.

(It seems as if the people directing the weather in Dr. Farrell’s neighbourhood stole the normal rains from our neighbourhood on the west coast!)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Oh the humanity
 +20 characters

https://stopsmartmeters.org

Lots of great info and resources here

2 Likes

In my CNY area it will be $13 a month to keep the old meter!! I called to opt out & that is what I was told!!

1 Like

That does start to add up over time, $13 a month is some money.

A lot less than what it costs to install a whole new main electric panel that’s about $5,000.

Them being incendiary/explosive devices is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed at the local government level right away if anyone has evidence of that. I got one of these buggers installed on my house but while they’re still technically owned by the power company it’s probably a misdemeanor to take this apart without paying for it first, don’t know what it costs to manufacture them/what they sell for.

Unless there is any significant kind of an explosive device inside a little metal box installed around the meter would be able to contain a fire.

I was more concerned just with radio signal radiation at first not these things exploding. Sounds like some of the early ones may have exploded on accident but them being used for arson is definitely a different level kind of a problem.

1 Like