BARON VON BOMBURST, INDIANA JONES, STAR TREK, INSECTS, AND THE "EU PU"

Originally published at: BARON VON BOMBURST, INDIANA JONES, STAR TREK, INSECTS, AND THE "EU PU"

Do you remember Gerd Frobe’s last big role in film? If not, and before you run to a search engine to find out who Gerd Frobe was, he was the actor who portrayed Auric Goldfinger opposite Sean Connery’s James Bond, in the movie of that name, Goldfinger, with its memorable theme music, and an equally memorable…

4 Likes

Originally Brussels sprouts were followers of Mae Brussel, who wrote the index to the Warren Report and tracked Nazis in the Nixon Administration.

About “we’ve got worms and crickets and flies; hold up your bowl, and get hot soup made out of bugs”.

Slugs rhymes with bugs. Try " We’ve got worms, and crickets and slugs, Hold up your bowl and get hot soup made of bugs".

That lush southern San Joaquin Valley wasteland is a lot more endangered by drought, and depleted aquifers than it is by environmental regulations to save what little water is left. Read what Mark Arax had to say here: A Well Fixer's Story of the California Drought - The Atlantic

The view from Fresno may be a little different than it is from the Dakotas.

3 Likes

I second that with these articles about Resnick family that contributes mightily to water problems in CA.
How This Billionaire Couple Stole California’s Water Supply (perfectunion.us)

Meet the California Couple Who Uses More Water Than Every Home in Los Angeles Combined – Mother Jones

1 Like

Then perhaps call them the B. Russell’s sprouts.

Well yes… :thinking:

but then again and also… :smirk:

…and of course reality is stranger than fiction… :thinking:

…almost all over the world.Isn’t that right? :smirk:

1 Like

All true, but don’t forget the granddaddy of them all. JG Boswell with 50,000+ acres and the pretty Pine Flat Dam the Army Corps of Engineers built for him to hold ‘his’ water from the Great Tulare Lake, that he farms. All of this in a state that limits farms to 50 acres worth of irrigation from publicly funded sources. The Great Tulare Lake is roughly 30 by 50 miles, the largest lake west of the Mississippi. It reappears occasionally in wet years. Tulare Lake - Wikipedia

1 Like

“de gustibus, non disputandum”

a few decades ago when i first saw a ‘south-easen’ market of goods, my ‘European’ guts declined, with the 10-12 centimeters centipedes in a basket for sale.
but eating dogs maybe is still better than eating bugz. maybe i am wrong, but still. i’ll stay with the horses by Jacintha.

1 Like