Canadian fires and people

Folks I heard from our very own Daniel today who says he’s been sick because of all the fumes from the Canadian fires… some of our members live downwind as well so, if you’re the praying sort, say a special one for them and that the Canadian govt would be able to put them out.

7 Likes

There’s very little mention of them in the news anymore where I live on the Canadian east coast but climate change is still king of that hill. That, and the new carbon tax on gasoline, diesel, propane, and heating oil which is being used as a disincentive to drive and convert everything to electric. “My, what a big electric bill I have (insert pronouns here) prime minister Turdeau”, says Carbonylocks. “All the the better to control you with m’dear”, says prime minister :poop:. Sorry, I couldn’t find a picture of him in 'blackface. The carbon tax is $.14/litre. That’s $.529/US gal. I won’t get into heating with furnace oil or propane. My rent will be going up and that’s depressing enough.
I hope Daniel and others afflicted by the smoke will see clearer skies soon.

2 Likes

If the smoke forecast (see link below) is accurate there may be some relief for folks in the USA over the next few days. Normally this time of year is just the start of the northern fire season so there is a long ways to go.
In BC more area has already been burned than any previous year since records have been maintained which is from 1955. There are severe thunderstorms forecast tonight for NE BC with higher than normal temperatures returning by mid week across most of the province. Its a real nightmare scenario. 47 fires are currently out of control.

https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/