One thing I’m wondering about is how radioactive are the new power meters that use a closed wireless network to communicate how much power people are using for their bill.
People can opt-out of having these installed on their houses for a non-radioactive meter, but this ads a $15 bill cost to every bill because someone has to manually read the meters.
Since these are connected directly to the power grid, they could potentially be way higher power than battery powered cell phones.
Only way to know for certain is to take everything apart and see how they’re built.
That is an unsettling article that they say the safety threshold the government deems safe is “non-thermal” harm, just because people aren’t being cooked like they’re inside a microwave oven doesn’t mean there is no risk of harm!