PS, ignore the links within images, many times it will just be the current front page of whatever source grok finds on the internet.
Yes, China is like Russia. A pumpstation maskerading as a country LOL
No doubt many problems within China, but I am sure the Chinese citizens are able to deal with those themselves. No regime change necessary.
The world would be a better place if the yanks would stay within their borders. I want them out of my country insted of having them as an occupational army to keep us in line together with the traitors passing as politicians. Hope my country men will wake up before they are cannon fodder for the deluded exceptional nutbars ruling current USA and trown in the Ukranian meatgrinder.
Not many people in the US want any troops in Europe any longer. I think once the Iran situation is solved, and I believe it will be. And if the RNC wins out the midterms, and its looking pretty good. Then I think there will begin a formal and permanent reduction of US forces in Europe. FINALLY. I would imagine maybe a few key airforce bases and naval positions, but I think most Americans really do you spending your tax euros on your own defense instead of spending ours. I believe eventually NATO will be disbanded, at least the USA will withdraw.
Of course what the EU does with the Ukraine may mess it all up for all of us.
The US is nothing but a leech on it’s own citizens as abroad thru the banks of London & Washington & Vatican.
And here is why…
You should have just put the links. we do NOT post lengthy essays. please adhere to that idea in the future. thanks.
I am not sure why you would say that. I enjoy when people make lengthy posts to demonstrate their thoughts.
Also, I did that to show that if someone wanted to double check what was posted - then they could double check the sources if needed. So do you want a discussion or are you looking for something else here?
I don’t believe China is better. Nowhere in that post was that implied. There has never been a free, multi-party national election in the People’s Republic of China since it was founded.
I find it pretty funny that so many people buy into China’s propaganda. Place pretty LED lighting on everything and then its AWESOME. RIght? I think what the problem is for most of you commenting on this is that you are not curious about what life is really like for the average Chinese person. It is not good and it is not free and you keep your mouth shut or else.
Who are you addressing? Why all the mind reading? You know what I watch? I don’t even have a tv.
I was locked down travelling in China with my wife during COVID and had to use contacts to get out.
You know that sudden halting of airplanes from China to US that Trump announced during COVID. Didn’t happen at JFK. I was there.
I got a flight to Shanghai because we had contacts from my business day… While I’m not fluid, I studied Chinese language. Fortune 100 company paid. I then worked for a major NBA team helping them promote their team to Chinese customers. Have helped people contact manufacturers in China and helped sell a pig farm to a bunch of Fuzhounese Farmers. Small thing. I’ve been to China numerous times and I know I wouldn’t want to live there. I have first hand experience with China. You missed that part.
I watched those two famous Chinese Vloggers for many years. The guy from South Africa and his friend from America. I watched them go through hell. Both got the hell out. Harrassment, being spied on, buildings made of paper. Yeah China is under deep financial stress. None of that was the point.
BUT back to the subject of the post.
Many major Chinese cities (especially Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and similar large ones) are cleaner than New York City, Phili, Boston, Chicago, Detroit even Minneapolis with those homeless camps by the Performing Arts Center. Haven’t been to St. Louis in a long time. Not since the last convention, they warned us not to go out of the hotel after dark. That doesn’t happen in China. Even in the ghetto’s.
China beats usa in visible street-level cleanliness, litter, graffiti, and overall tidiness and safety. Obviously, you’re inhaling coal.
Chinese cities have intensive municipal cleaning investment and enforcement, high-density urban design that prioritizes order, and cultural emphasis on collective upkeep.
In New York City, people do their business in the streets. That’s my comparison.
But politically and economically, yeah, China is no heaven on earth. And you can walk the streets any hour without much crime. How’s it going in Englandstan or Oakland or Seattle, Miami, Houston? Based on the posts here, not soo good.
As for all the Venezuelans and El Salvadorian migrants in China, they don’t exist.
Don’t know if it’s the diversity thing or something really wrong in the good ole USA.
I believe China is the worlds leader in printing fiat currency at this time.
Ghost Cities, bad infrastructure, political corruption, organized crime. You name it. They got it.
But the everyday experience of walking the streets—litter, trash management, visual order, crime— Chinese cities outperform. Their transportation systems, trains, urban rail, extensive national expressway network supporting heavy private-car and truck traffic. Out perform.
Overall transport network (roads, rail, etc.):—the largest comprehensive system of its kind.
According to the statistics I just looked up. USA has more ramming incidents than China. Maybe it’s the news service you’re watching?
And our American’s are really good at it. I watched a former Marine drive thru Times Square on the sidewalk mutilating as many people as he could. Bodies on top of the car and on the street. Ohhh man what a day.
Here’s a secret the media won’t tell ya. There are nut jobs in every country in the world.
One other anecdotal experience. Mine!! Didn’t get this from any news source.
I knew this Chinese woman, acquaintance, more a friend of a friend who belonged to this group called Fa Lun Gong. Pretty famous in USA. I think everyone heard of it by now?
They are a type of religion. Seems pretty innocuous to me. They do tai chi or meditations in the park. They wear yellow shirts and give you literature that shows the torture of it’s members by the Communist Party. And they ask you to sign a petition. Whatever. They are a little preachy but seem harmless to me.
So this woman goes to Beijing and starts passing out pamphlets and literature in Tianamen Square. And the authorities arrested her. Five years in prison for handing out religious pamphlets. That’s bad. They got US officials involved but couldn’t do anything.
They finally released her and my friend ran into her in the streets. Something missing. Totally vacant. They totally reworked her brain in someway that it wasn’t the same person. I guess she no longer was a member of that group and didn’t seem to have animosity toward the CCP. Yeah, so evil people in government.
Indeed, there are nuts everywhere. Thanks for telling your personal story. Your observations are accurate and fair. I wanted to respond in more detail but unfortunately that will be delayed as now is when I begin work.
A friend who is a retired hospitality professor went with a group of other retired educators on a tour of China a few years ago. His only real comment was how clean and tidy the country was, the efficiency of transportation and everything was purchased electronically, no cash, even in the market stalls.