Cow Whisperer -- Music of the Heart

There are no words in this short video – Just someone’s deep love for his rescued cows, set to music.

The most poignant human language is non-verbal, and this video, fully expressive of love, hit us directly in our hearts. Love expressed in this way brings pure joy to the soul, in a deep way that words simply cannot convey. Somehow, we found the music, albeit on a synthesizer, quite fitting… and we hope that you will enjoy this video as much as we did.

If you want to know more about Mr. Berge’s sanctuary, visit his web site: Joar Berge – Cow whisperer

4 Likes

Do Cows Like Music?

One of the sweetest things about my little Shiloh, is that she will occasionally “sing along” if I’m practisting, and even more so, if I’m listening to music at night on youtube… she will even whine her recognition of certain pieces…

1 Like

Hi Margaret,

For some reason, I can’t access any of the links in your article (some ad bot runs amok on my end).

But, we have enjoyed when we see videos like this one, a fellow playing his accordion for some cows: Grazing cows rush to listen to accordion music - YouTube

Years ago, we had a cat who howled in pain when I practiced the accordion. I looked at some research that suggested that animals’ ears are extremely sensitive, that certain pitches in the accordion reeds hurt their ears and cause pain, so we put cat doors into the home to ensure the cat could escape the house during my practice session. I locked myself into a room with all windows and doors closed, to avoid bothering the outdoor animals (including also the people in the neighbourhood who might not like to hear me practicing), if the reeds could cause any distress to any of them.

1 Like

Good thing you don’t play an accordion, Dr. Farrell! I think Shiloh would be singing a different tune, or perhaps wailing…