Czechoslovak music

It seems that our good old friend Darth Soros took a major role in this video clip. If you pay a close attention, you may also spot a Dr Farrell’s doppelgänger there.

Song named Work, Joy, War. Some great shots filmed in soviet era, kind of critique of industrial civilization, one could say. Or is it something else ? You can almost sense some nameless evil behind the scheme…Briliant lyrics, but too complicated to translate.

1 Like

a good sens of humor know no borders !

1 Like

Insane time piece ! wow

Lest one think that Bohemia only began producing music in the 20th century, here’s one of my favorite little baroque masterpieces by Jiri Antonin Benda, composed while in the employ of Frederick the Great (with an obvious heavy influence from CPE Bach). The harpsichord is, again, one of those dainty little French things and not the large four and five choir monsters that the Germans and the Czechs liked, but it’s still a good (and in the third movement, blistering) little concerto:

1 Like

Thnx for the link , for 18 minutes i day dreamt of woman in corset and revolutionary man palace intrigues hehehe :wink:
That music is meant to be felt.

That is very nice, I must admit that I have never heard of Mr Benda and his music before.
I do not know too much classic music, actually I last remember listening to this music at elementary school, a long time ago.

This is very famous one, from Bedřich Smetana:

Antonín Dvořák, another famous composer, liked and also composed at place, where I can walk within 30 minutes:

…and this is something for Joseph, also local place and the pipe organ:

There is some nostalgia of the 90’s (for me, at least):