Data Centers in 7 States use more water than all of California annually ... let that sink in ... 3.4 trillion gals. of freshwater per year GONE

… Nice, they pump it back into the public water supply. Gee, I wonder why there is so much physical and mental illness? What could possibly be causing all of the illness?

1 Like

@Scarmoge, I am not certain which post you are replying to, sir. Just to be clear, the article author, nor me, are saying datacenter wastewater is or should be routed back.

In the rural Ohio neighborhood where I grew up (approx 120 homes), they detected traces pharmaceuticals in a downstream reservoir, miles away. After years of wrangling, residents were forced to fill in their septic tanks and connect to the sewage system of the nearby town. I don’t think that standard will be held near any data center.

But I wouldn’t put it past “them” to route it back, hehe.

1 Like

Thanks for the link!

Nor will the farmland that was captured be viable as such. And the new farms will be re-located to another continent…for control purposes.

I’m not always “Dark Mohgarr”…but when I am it’s because there’s not enough Dos Equis to make me forget about our terrible situation…You WILL stay thirsty my friends…

Fresh water is finite. Desalination is expensive. We are most certainly losing the aquifers, the evidence is everywhere. Not hyperbole… it’s going somewhere.

Bread and Circuses as usual. They keep people from getting angry enough to do something before it’s too late. Now we have a surveillance grid to one-at-a-time the people as they do wake up. How convenient…

You’re not mad enough. I’m mad enough for 10 people but it’s not contagious. As I’ve said before: If I was Bill Bixby then I’d almost ALWAYS be Lou Ferrigno

1 Like

… “Don’t make me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m honestly starting to think that the water consumption is secondary. It’s just a story to bring humanity to its knees.

1 Like

Not sure the water can even be treated via distillation, since any VOCs which may be present the water, would probably also evaporate within distillation process and condense back in with the water as it condensed into its receptacle.

1 Like

… I seem to remember reading somewhere that the chemicals used to treat the DC water are more or less forever chemicals. As I said above … Yes, the water for data centers is treated with a number of chemicals and once treated for DC use is not fit for human consumption. Even if it is claimed that the water can be “cleaned” at this point are you willing to “trust the science”? “Trusting the science” has worked so well before. Would you drink the water in Flint, MI after they claimed that the lead has been removed and the problem has been “solved”? Trust the science? I don’t think so. Discharging the treated DC water will also pollute the ground water. Bye, bye large underground aquifers. Bye, bye agriculture. Bye, bye water for cattle.

2 Likes

Giza Merch Idea … pocket water purity test that will provide an obvious reaction to any of the chemicals in DC water.

DCs should be forced to recycle/reuse the water in an internal looping supply with just top up supplying possible. Treated and cleaned for reuse rather than return to potable water or indeed dumped to groundwater pipes (“as cleaned”),