Does everyone have an inner monologue?

I’m always skeptical of new stories like this… But I have always just assumed everyone did have an internal monologue. Mine never stops during the day… I’m curious what people think? If it’s true that some people do not… that would explain Nancy Pelosi… but either way it’s an interesting question.

2 Likes

“Aphantasia and the lack of an inner voice aren’t necessarily bad.”
Not if you’re a sociopath or a psychopath. Both exist in spite of what our ‘betters’ say.

“Psychopaths are classified as people with little or no conscience but are able to follow social conventions when it suits their needs. Sociopaths have a limited, albeit weak, ability to feel empathy and remorse. They’re also more likely to fly off the handle and react violently when confronted by the consequences of their actions.”

Yes I totally agree! It’s just sometimes I get the feeling that there isn’t a whole lot going on in Nancy’s head when I look at her eyes… It was not one of my best jokes, I’ll give you that :slight_smile: But I just wonder if there truly are people that have no inner voice. I have never met anyone to make that claim. How could they formulate questions… I’m just skeptical of the story. If I had to guess I would think most psychos do have an inner voice.

1 Like

for clear minds the ‘inner monologue’ is not a must.
for the others? just can’t live without. try a marathon. that clears the mind too. i may not advice prayer or meditation, since many are opposing self-control, as they feel it is something that is put upon them.
until then, they have to suffer the ‘monkey-mind’. or inner monologue, which is a faculty of the mind’s creativity, but mostly it’s business and identification with ‘things’.

1 Like