Drone photos show dramatic rise in California reservoir levels over three months

Terry Castleman

Thu, March 16, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT

The Enterprise Bridge at Lake Oroville in February. (Brian van der Brug / Los Angeles Times)

Winter storms across California have significantly improved drought conditions and filled state reservoirs that had held less than a third of their capacity.

Drone photos from the California Department of Water Resources show just how big a difference a recent series of storms, brought on by 11 atmospheric rivers, has made.

The image below shows Lake Oroville in Butte County, California’s second-biggest reservoir. The first image was taken Dec. 21. The second image was taken Jan. 12, after several storms had begun to refill the reservoir. The last image was taken March 8 and shows a dramatic improvement in the water level.

In the first image, the lake was at just 29% of its capacity. In the second image, the level had jumped to 51%. And by the third photo, the figure was up to 75%.

Lake Oroville’s water level rose steadily with each storm passing California this winter. (Ken James; Andrew Innerarity; Florence Low / California Department of Water Resources)

Per The Times’ drought tracker, Lake Oroville was 80% full as of Tuesday. The historical average level for that day — March 14 — was 71% over the last 30 years.

Nearly 100 miles south of Lake Oroville, Folsom Lake was exceptionally dry in November. When the photo below was taken, the lake sat at 27% of its capacity.

A November 2022 image shows low water conditions surrounding Granite Bay Main Beach at Folsom Lake in Placer County, when the reservoir storage was 259,754 acre feet. (Florence Low / California Department of Water Resources)

By March 10, the Folsom Dam was full enough that the Bureau of Reclamation released water down its auxiliary spillway into the American River to manage water levels.

An aerial view of Folsom Dam on March 10. (Jonathan Wong / California Department of Water Resources)

As of Tuesday, Folsom Lake was at 63% of its capacity, in line with the historical average level.

The winter storms have eased drought conditions across the state and prompted authorities to lift mandatory water restrictions for millions of Southern California residents.

This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.

The last time they were high the state folded to environmentalists and dumped millions of gallons of water into the Pacific in order to help a type of salmon to breed easier. Let’s see what it’ll be this time.

2 Likes

@uintatom Is it possible that TPTB have cleared out the grow zones enough to replenish them and take over the croplands? Would need water refill to do that?

Could be. I tend to view all the moves as working towards shortages and control.
California really is a valuable case study, if you can stomach it.

1 Like

I hear ya. My brother lives in CA. This is all very hard to stomach, indeed.

And instructive. They have enough compliance from enough citizens to do whatever they want. I believe that is the goal for the entire union and but it can succeed only as much as the citizens have been conditioned to go along with it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I think the citizens have been conditioned well; furthermore, the citizens are bringing it to my State. Hoping they find it a tough row to hoe and leave.

All states are under attack, even here in Utah. I hate seeing the diaspora of Californians, I really fear they may tip the scales towards policy change in places like Idaho as well as others. So many are almost messianic with their ideologies.

2 Likes

Right! That’s exactly what happens when such diaspora (good description) happens. Odd how people leave a place because they can no longer operate as they used to and move to more freedom; then turn their new freedom State into the ‘prison’ they left in the first place. Happening big here in Texas.

1 Like

It’s almost like acolytes are being guided to specific places to infiltrate . LOL.
Okay, that might be a little paranoid.

1 Like

Not paranoid at all, it’s basic military S&T. I wrote a hypothesis about this (think it was early last year). Population would be herded to certain places where all were contained in areas that could be more easily controlled. In other words, throw a net over them when ready.

Yeah, it certainly seems like states that would be considered “problematic” to the NWO plans are being targeted. I think of Texas being able to boast of their electrical grid being self sufficient and then experiencing a crippling ice storm/power failure a few years back. Seemed like a warning shot.

1 Like

Texas, The Ozarks, Tennessee mountains & valley, troops deployed atop the entire length of Rockies (centered in WY), they’d pretty much have the USA population contained. I think this is much of the reason for letting immigrants run through southern border.

Texas power grid sucks! This was part of the discussion with Cornyn. Came straight from the mouth of an 11th gen Texan with Spanish Land Grant. I’m just a mere 4th gen; would have been 5th gen had my parents been younger.

1 Like

I can’t quite figure out if they want to forcibly hold the union together or allow it to disband. Maybe whichever is easier ?

1 Like

Think of it more as a ‘regional rearrangement’.

30 years someone wrote on a sign, “Don’t Californicate Colorado” on a sign where I lived. Somebody knew what was happening. Now I know.
I love Utah! Beautiful State and excellent petrified wood.

2 Likes

Very disconcerting. Now a lot more of us know.