Earthquake Soon on New Madrid (Missouri-Arkansas) Fault? NorCal?

Don’t mind me, I am just the “Pattern Guy.” I notice things… and now I’m reporting things.

For the past six weeks I’ve watched as the DeathStars (weird clouds) deliver their daily beams down on the western wildfires; mainly California but also Oregon, Idaho, Washington and Montana. The geostationary NOAA satellite (with selectable sensor frequency bands) provides excellent coverage of this show for those interested (i.e., Band-14 is surface temperature). A solid black dot means the infrared sensor pixel was saturated–maximum heat was registered at that geographic location. The presence, timing and intensity of these “IRhits” as I call them, cannot be attributed to “continuity of fuel, poor forestry practices, dead trees, drought and wind conditions,” even collectively. Not enough BTUs I say. Climate experts say that the intense heat is effect and I contend it is the cause, an EXTERNAL cause, mind you. No IRhits (Band-7) means no volcanic plumes of smoke (Band-2) and no odd bright flashes of light (Band-5). Today was different. Other than a couple of small IRhits on the CA-McCash fire, today was the FIRST day in six weeks that Oregon and California were not being hammered with external energy. Hammering is repeated and prolonged application of IRhits; peppering is a hit here, a hit there, lets all have a hit, you know?

Yesterday, I noticed IRhit peppering in eastern Missouri and Arkansas along the Mississippi, up to maybe 40-miles(?) west of the river until dark. Did they return today? Good question you ask. Yes, they started up in the early afternoon I think. Armed with a month of observing this enemy, I switched to Band-2 and sure enough, little plumes of smoke started appearing where them IRhits had been. Unlike the west, this area is mainly fields with little fuel for a prolonged fire. Please don’t suggest it was farmers burning their fields–I know they do. These ain’t them. To register solid black dots, it needs to be an inferno like we saw on the news every night about the Dixie and Caldor fires. Even today with those western fires burning “normally” (cooler, without external energy) they only show up as light gray dots or not at all. To generate the 10-15 minute ONLY plumes of smoke in Missouri-Ark and still be discernable from space, requires some serious heat. These fires did not persist. Hit-puff-gone over here, hit-puff-gone over there. All over the place but only along the same 20-30 counties. This was not happening anywhere else in the country. Over the course of the day there had to be many hundreds if not a few thousand hits. Surely there were a lot of calls coming in, right? I don’t think so, maybe five percent, dunno. You see, the smoke from all them western fires had conveniently arrived overhead and provide a good reason for smoke in the area. And being so rural, most of the plumes were likely attributed to Farmer Bob on the other side of the back forty burning in his field.

I would have missed the connection to the fault line, however, I kinda called a sheriff office in one of the counties. My intent was to get some eyes on the ground if possible. After teaching deputy to use the NOAA website and getting her to see what I saw, she mentioned that the hits were along the New Madrid fault. My jaw dropped. I stopped caring about a lot of things in that moment. There were those recent quakes in Haiti and Mexico. There are even videos of weird “lightning” on the horizon as the earthquake hit in Mexico.

Read up on USGS assessment of the 1811-1812 series of quakes–they made waves in the river run upstream. It was a huge event and is still a real fault. And now, out of all the areas in the country, THAT area is registering a series brief but intensely hot fires, the likes of which were previously seen in California… with its many fault lines? Aggghhh!

I believe intense surface heat is the secondary purpose of all this energy delivery; primary is getting that directed energy into the earth. The California Dixie fire is so broad there are 60 miles between the NW and SE ends of the fire and… hey… whadya know, there are multiple faults along that Sierra Nevada stretch there in Lassen Natl Park. Further north is the Antelope fire with more faults. Caldor fire has one fault line. These three fires have been hammered HARD with IRhits this past week.

They can burn any city with impunity (e.g., Santa Rosa 2017), but instead concentrated most of the energy on these and other fires.

The Midwest rivers have to be running very high with heavy rains upstream in all direction this past month. Any quake in the area would result in busted levees I’m sure. Memphis is very close by. Anyhow, I hope I am wrong about New Madrid and everyone can laugh at newbie’s first post. Given all that has been happening around the world though, something seems imminent.

-Pattern Guy

4 Likes

Thanks for posting @sharick. Very interesting, learning something new. It’s been quite a while since hearing anything about the New Madrid and speculation about a possible split along the fault line…

Being a “farmer Bob” myself, I will say that few of us burn at this time of the year. We burn in very early spring to eliminate the annual seeds and, for crops, reduce the coarse stems left over just before we plow it all back in. Burning at this time of the year is dangerous as the heat of August has made too much tinder around fields.

Your astute observation is much appreciated- sometimes when we find ourselves winning one war, like the CV manure and mandates, we forget they will attack us from above. I look forward to your reports, Pattern Guy! Keep us informed.

1 Like

There was a 4.25 on the New Madrid, Missouri region on 9/8 according to Iris. There have also been quakes in west Texas over the last few months, mostly in the 4 range, which is pretty anomalous. I’ve watched quake patterns for years, nothing specific, just checking patterns, usually a couple of times a day and the New Madrid was unusual and Texas was odd.

Read a “faction” (you know, fiction based on researched fact) book years ago about what would happen if the New Madrid went like it did in the early 1800s - because of the geology it would be dreadful devastation. Not to mention all the nuclear reactors in the area /shudder.

1 Like

Hello Patten Guy,
I for one am very glad you shared this pattern you have observed. And I can certainly imagine the heart stopping moment when the officer identified the area as part of the New Madrid! What a jolt!
Begs the question: How much heat is necessary to budge the New Madrid? If that’s already a known factor then it looks like another timed disaster in the making, ready to pop. Not to many months ago one of the bridges over the river at Memphis was closed, considering how important those bridges are to commerce it seemed an unprecedented thing to occur. Then New Orleans is clobbered again…my pattern seeking brain is now sensing a danger for this section of the country. Going to research the size and location of the New Madrid…in the mean time, thank you very much,and please …continue sharing :slight_smile:

LInda

2 Likes

Hi @margaret. Thank you for being my first respondent here! Yes, we will have to wait and see. They peppered again today, with the hazy smoke above (from western fires) it was much harder to discern the plumes.

1 Like

@justawhoaman,

Thank you for the farming insight regarding when burning occurs. My first attempts to get eyes on the ground occurred the day before when I spoke with a fire dept office person and someone from a church. Both assured me i must be seeing fields burning. I realized that I had to convince someone to look at the satellite data first before advancing the conversation. In addition to being observant, I am also persistent, haha.

1 Like

Hi @Krizani,
It is nice to meet another Pattern Analyst, hehe. I’ve looked at the USGS site from time to time, usually after FEELING a tremor, though. Glad you took note of the New Madrid and Texas anomalies. I looked at Texas today and did not see any IRhits. Where was the Texas epicenter? With so many counties, knowing will help me keep a closer watch on Tx these next days. They peppered Miss-Ark again today.

Hiy Linda,

Thank you for the response. Yeah, those jaw-dropping moments do not happen often in life. Before I answer your question, I need to state that I am not an expert on firefighting, forest management, and meteorology. With this revelation I am adding geology and directed energy weapons engineering to the the list.

I do know electronics to a good degree and I am improving daily on spotting false narratives. With all of this under my belt, I don’t think it is a matter of heat deep in the earth as much as it is frequency and amplitude (force). Heat is generated on the surface when the laser makes contact with something and the focused energy “beam” permeates far deeper and excites the material down there. I mean think of those annoying cars with the excessively loud thump thump thump bass that penetrates your house half a block away. That is low power audio frequency. I bet these weapons can really go deep and muck it up down there. My thought is that by busting some things loose, when they bring in Big Bertha (trigger event), the fault will shift and produce the desired quake. I did some online research of the geology of this and the California faults–it was short-lived as my eyes glossed over real quick like. Geology is really complicated.

Once upon a time I lived north of Memphis for a bit and crossed that bridge a few times. Scary what could have happened. Yah, my radar is up on crop damage all around the world. Brazil has had some record cold down there (frost damage to bananas, papayas and mangos, etc.) on top of their drought. All the flooding. Let us know about your research on the fault.

I used to live in SoCal and was 3 miles from the epicenter of the Loma Prieta during my time up there, so they seem sort of personal, LOL.

The Texas earthquakes have been in west TX, haven’t looked closer than that - I had never seen anything in TX previous to the last few months and they appeared after the opposition to the narrative there, maybe even after that awful “cold snap”. The map I look at is IRIS: https://ds.iris.edu/seismon/

I always watch the New Madrid after reading The Rift by Walter J Williams. Dunno if it’s still in print though. It was very educational and made me grateful for the rocky geology of the west rather than the alluvial stuff of the midwest. That stuff liquefies and the shock waves travel a looong way. The quakes in the early 1800s were in Missouri, Arkansas and Tennessee and they rang church bells in Boston. Several rivers were picked up, moved and then set down elsewhere - good sized rivers. Not something I’d ever care to witness at any distance.

1 Like

It would be my luck that that alluvial stuff in Mo-Ark is somehow keeping California from dropping off into the ocean.

I was in Mountain View during Loma Prieta. We had a lot of tremors prior; it took about 10-sec to realize it was a big one. I rode it out on the floor indoors, quite a roller, not a rocker.

That Mississippi reactor downstream is not good. That would be a hot mess for the gulf if something wrong ruptured.