Friends at work

8 Likes

Going up or coming down? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

i think they dropped all they troubles by the riverside. from that on? people have to be trusted, i mean pandas have to be trusted. to hold on.

1 Like

it was probably a hard day night… :wink:

Eh gads what a “trip” down memory lane.
Now the song seems slowed down or maybe just that I’m much older now than when I first listened. A lot of that era’s music sounds like that to me now.

… For quite some time I had an interest in others observations of what I have come to call, “re-perceptive” events (these include visual, aural, and text events). I too have had many such similar experiences.
You say that it “seems slowed down” … are you saying something like comparing this listening of the song to your memory of the song the time signature seemed different? This could be that the versions (studio v live) had different signatures. Live versions are usually played slightly faster … or was it something else?
As of late I’ve been interested in how our Psychophysics changes as we age. Factors such as action potential velocity (that can be effected by many things) can play a major role in our interpretations (of all kinds).

1 Like

Perhaps with age the nerve cells that interpret and send the music vibrations to the brain are fewer, smaller and slower compared to ones I had in youth? I don’t think the music recording changed but my body’s ability to interpret the sounds.
When I listen to the music of my younger days now, the tempo and beats seem slower than what I remember from the retrieved recording stored in my brain memories. Maybe with the passing of time the ability for the nerves to accurately process the stored version and the current recording deteriorate. Hearing aid time?

Found this lecture on nerves…,

https://nba.uth.tmc.edu/neuroscience/m/s1/chapter03.html