Giza Open Talks: Meeting Today

Clusters of affect and cognition differ online from the in-person constellation. How come? Factors discussed here:

1 Like

Breaking down Mind Control Through Research

Hi Gizas,
Part of staying sane, for me, is reading widely, and finding divergent, convergent, and emergent information on any topic of interest. Alicia xo

Suggested Method
Unlimited Hangout did a book review of Desmet’s The Psychology of Totalitarianism. When you read the attached review, you might want to highlight The Psychology of Atrocity 101 section if, (a) you are newcomer to the literature; or (b) you are an old timer who needs a quick refresher.

Serious researchers, master the Bibliography. Circle what you do not know and make a to do list.

1 Like

No wander that 1 in 3 teenage girls in western world have suicidal thoughts.

Nearly one in three American teenage girls had suicidal thoughts in 2021, finds CDC | The BMJ

1 Like

I know, QVBB – at that age, I was only concerned about passing all my tests to my parents’ expectations, so that I would receive permission to attend the dance. xo

1 Like

I know. There were times when youngsters had craved human contact, now they crave covetous Instagram pictures. sad, sad times we live in. Time to call these suicides like it is, insta-cides.

2 Likes

Hi QVBB – indeed, this further supports your term, insta-cides. Good to see you. :pray:

1 Like

lol…I love it! A 12 step program for recovering Gnostics! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What? Recovering the Gnostics? :thinking:
Why? Are those Gnostics sick of something? :thinking:
Or has their minds gone so far, so they need a return somewhere in something, for example in “reality”? :smirk:
If so why? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Are they “closing and staying on target”?Is that compromising and dangerous knowledge for someone somehow? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Or even better. With your permission, dear Doctor, let’s play with word math of equations, or math of words as you like.
Namely, isn’t what we call a “hypothesis” equal to what we call an “intrinsic belief”?
I think that there is a sign of equality between those two things. I think they are equal to one other. I think they are expressions with different words and phrases, expressions of one and the same thing.
If so then what would be your comment or opinion regarding this?No?Or yes? :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

A twelve step program would be for people who don’t want to be Gnostic anymore, and are in recovery from that.

Gnosticism is not a disease, but only a passing phase through which anyone who is looking for something must go through it. In my opinion, anyway.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say Gnosticism is a disease either, honestly I don’t even know much about that. If it can be considered a way of thinking and seeing the world, as a condition, that can be difficult for anyone to change their way of life.

1 Like

Good to see you, mate! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughts.

1 Like

I totally understand, humble pirate. :wink:

1 Like

Well, mate. I may have read too much St. Thomas Aquinas, but for me, no, not identity between hypothesis and intrinsic belief. I would say, scientifically, due to our human limitations as knowers, that testability is still salient for hypotheses. From the vantage of Truth, I would call for congruence between reality and intrinsic beliefs, not identity. Hence, humility.

I would be interested in your thoughts on the attached. Perhaps, we might have a meeting ground, without compromising faith or reason. Besides, you’re funny, :wink: Alicia xo

1 Like

May be this will help some of the above said things to become brought to light.

Understood. The spirit of the implicative order of Bohm is well reflected in these kids. See how one good tuba can anchor the bottom end, without the overpowering brass section, in this rendition, and besides — both of our contributions feature beautiful kids, freeing up from a lot of tight stuff in their lives. Hence, Giza Group Therapy. Thank you again, mate.

1 Like

At last, for the first time somebody (dr. Alicia) said those terrifying words that so many fear or rather are deaf to it. Fides et ratio!, fides et ratio!. people.
Thank you, dear friend.

1 Like

Also…let the sunshine in…:smirk: before is to late.

1 Like

Yes, mate. Stood in front of that very White House as a kid with my candle lit, my singing, and a krillion others singing. Thank you. xo.

1 Like