GOVERNORS' ENERGY CHOICE COMPACT

Originally published at: GOVERNORS' ENERGY CHOICE COMPACT

This story was spotted and shared by W.G., with our profound gratitude, because it highlights a prediction I’ve been making for some time, and seems to indicate that the prediction may be coming true. Briefly, my prediction is that with the continuing and unabated federal overreach, not to mention the new weaponization of the Department…

5 Likes

The cooperation seems a good development. On banking/bullion; thinking through the ‘why’ of bullion (coin in this case) currency’s origin, a name / unit of measure has always been established to identify the value of the coin (the weight/purity of the metal). Ducat, Thaler (dollar), etc. And too often the trust in that value got undermined as governments re-alloyed to reduce precious metals content or clipped the edges of coins to reduce their weight.

Then we transitioned through the ‘you can swap this paper for the real metal’ phase to the ‘we don’t need no stinking metal’ (today) phase.

Your post, Dr Farrell about interstate pacts got me thinking about unit of account for bullion type ‘settlements’ and intrastate commerce. They could invent something, call it the ‘Trump coin’ or ‘Alamo’ for TX for example, which could be degraded in the same way all other ‘named’ currencies have, or they could just go with the proper base unit of measure for the metals themselves (troy ozs). Just stamp the coin with it’s actual pure gold or silver weight and not some other arbitrary number (ex: US 1 oz gold coin is stamped with the ridiculous value of $50). People would become accustomed to dealing with this non-arbitrary unit of value.

Back in Roman times and up to recently individuals didn’t have access to accurate scales / reference standards. These were inconvenient to carry around anyway. But today portable accurate scales are cheap. Tools and techniques to verify provenance (pinger tools for coins for example) are available.

Let’s hope the states don’t fall into another exploitable trap by creating some artificial unit of exchange for metals transferred between their individual depositories / authorized for use in trade in their jurisdictions.

As the central government vies for more power;
the states counter, with their on measures for more power.

Interstate compacts: another accurate prediction to Joseph P. Farrell’s credit!

I wonder if such compacts – done correctly and in sufficient quantity – could make it unnecessary for states to officially secede from the Swampington Suicide Pact. If so, these compacts could prove to be a stroke of genius . . .

2 Likes

Good considerations here! I have to say as far as it goes I agree.

Just remember that all OF the states, as in State OF Ohio or State OF Wyoming, are corporations… just saying. The only diversion from that is the united States of America (notice the lowercase “u”)… that represents the Republic. The United States is the corporation… if you want to add the America, fine, still corporate. Truth is, we owe our allegiance only to God.

3 Likes