Has the century-old mystery of Antarctica’s “Blood Falls” finally been solved?

Never heard of Blood Falls in Antartica. I found this interesting.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing this – we’d never heard of Blood Falls either.

Unfortunately, my computer picks up oodles of distracting (to the eye) flashing ads, which make articles like this a little difficult to read on platforms that run those ads. (I wish I knew how to turn them off.)

1 Like

I truly understand the annoying flashing ads. I’m using my tablet so I read the article in “reader” which eliminates these annoying flashing ads. Maybe someone can point to a reliable source article/video for us. I find this so intriguing, Blood Falls. If I find another article/video with no flashing ads I will post it.

Thanks Sunnyboy

1 Like

try a good ad blocker extension to your browser. I am using U Blocker Origin. No ads…

I stepped away from microsoft a long time ago, as well.

1 Like

I think the implication is that the red is from the iron, even though it is in small amounts, due to it being in a mono atomic form, thus “nano.” They did not come out and write this for some reason, perhaps because there is an abundance of elements in their monoatomic form, making Antarctica a treasure trove for technological supremacy, as the globalists see it. Gold, however turns to white powder in this spin state, so I can only assume iron would change color too. Perhaps I am reading into this too much. It is iron oxide, that is rust and that is red, while iron is mostly dark gray as we know it. The “non crystaline” spheres part is what has be stumped. This was a good find.

4 Likes

Do you mean uBlock Origin? https://ublockorigin.com/

Would that be the free version, or are you using a paid version?

@Dooderonomy here is another article and what it states really intrigues me “ Lyons and his co-researchers concluded that this subglacial brine environment likely is conducive to life. The ability of sub-cryospheric environments such as this one to support life on Earth hints at an increased possibility of finding life in similar environments elsewhere in our solar system.”

2 Likes

Yes, I use the free version. You don’t have to go to their website. If you know how to add extensions to your browser, you can do it through its menu. I am using a chrome based browser and am directed to the chrome web store.

https://chromewebstore.google.com/?hl=en-US

If you can find the extensions page in the menu, it should have another menu that direct you to something similar. What browser are you using?

Thanks for this follow up. The first article seems newer and claims to contradict the second as to why the color is red, claiming that not that much iron is present to account for it. It is interesting that it is so blood like in its color and not the darker rust shade of red. I wonder if along with these microbes might be some kind amino acid or protein similar to our hemoglobin. I am thinking of the “primodial soup” that supposedly was the sea that gave rise to life as we know it on Earth. That is the theory anyways. As a side note, there was an article I read some time ago about silicon based life forms found near volcanic activity at the bottom of the ocean. The 8 percent salt is a lot before it forms a solid and does not remain in solution. Just throwing ideas out there.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks Dooderonomy, for the tip!
Am using “chrome”–

re ads, I use Ad Block Plus. It’s free, easy to use and works great. It shows that there are 11 ads that it’s blocking. I’m on a MacBook using Firefox/Safari browsers.

1 Like

“But why has solving this mystery taken more than a century? It seems the nanospheres are amorphous materials, meaning they lack a crystalline structure and hence eluded prior analytical methods looking for minerals because they are not, technically, minerals.”

And now read about Ethiopian Opals " Opal, unlike other gemstones, is not a mineral. Opal is a mineraloid. It means that opal doesn’t have a crystal structure. It is an amorphous and hydrated version of silica. Opal is made up of microscopic spheres arranged in a grid-like pattern."

I cut and polish Ethiopian opal and when I’m working/playing with them the opal flash disappears for about a day or two until it dries out. The Australian opal doesn’t seem to have the same properties as Ethiopian opal.

5 Likes

That is a great insight. They could have clarified the nano spheres as relating to mineraloids and being a hydrated form. I know ice can form spheroids, but much of that ice must be very ancient with life forms frozen within from times past. Imagine a world long before mankind, a “Land of the Lost.”

2 Likes