Hitler, my neighbor

Nice documentary about a jewish family who lived cross the street of Hitler in Munich.
He kept his schoolwork i found it interesting to see the drawings he had to make in school. And also what i found interesting is that the people now in Munich working in the office had no clue that oppositie of where they work now Hitler had his appartment 100 years ago.

Edgar Feuchtwanger lived for ten years opposite Hitler’s, from 6 to 16, from 1929 to 1939. He lived in a bourgeois building in Munich. Hitler lived across the avenue. For ten years, he and his parents watched the rise of Nazism from the windows of the family apartment.
The Feuchtwangers remained in Munich, opposite Hitler’s house until the end, until 39, until the war.
Yet they are the typical portrait of those whom Hitler detests and blames for all the ills of Germany: they are Jewish, well-off and influential …
In this documentary, produced in parallel, he tells the tale of his country and his family, a German family almost like any other, trapped in an era that fascism and violence fascinated.

1 Like