Is there a vid-chat today? (4/31)

There is no mention in the calender.

Today is the show that was supposed to go last Friday.
Thats probably why it does not show up.
Have a nice day

https://gizadeathstar.com/2023/03/members-vidchat-of-march-24-2023/

1 Like

It’s going to be Tuesday 4/4
[just scroll down to: “schedule change once again”]

2 Likes

I love the man to death, but its all getting a bit much.
The vidchat being cut to short vidchats, then getting 1/3 or sometimes 4 of those is not really bang for bucks exactly.
I know its not always about getting value for your money per ce, its what you get ( or dont get)
but in a time where so many people have limited funds i think its a bit much to get 1 short vidchat for your monthly subscription.
Maybe,especially considering the Vimeo player isnt all that succesful, moving the show to Rokfin, could be a smart move.
You pay monthly subscription , but you get access to all the material, not just one show.
That way,you can listen to something else, like Mrs. Fitts on Last American Vagabond, or Whitney Webb at Unlimited Hangout. Jimmy Dore is there, Freeman for the tinfoilers, and others.
I think you get all the shows for 9$ a month, hundreds and hundreds of hours of listening.
And here you pay 13$ for maybe a show monthly, and that show is the shorter vidchat.
I love the shows and I could listen Mr Farrell snore with interest, but for me, who have a serious electricity bill as i have a little home studio, and the prices on things these days, i just have to prioritize more.
If you loaded and like Farrell its a no-brainer, but for me, Id like to see a move to Rokfin.
The numbers would go up, but i also think Rokfin takes a part of the money.
But from what I understand,so does Vimeo.
If Joseph is just tired of doing the shows it would be better to just shut it down.
Hopefully there wont be a storm every Friday during the summer, I really hope the shows keep coming frequently cause Joseph’s voice is different and I love his views on things.
Well, this got long :slight_smile:
Have a nice day

1 Like

Can you confirm - it should start around 2pm, correct? Thanks! Em.

1 Like

Will be next Tuesday, not today!

4 Likes

Never heard of Rokfin before, maybe that would be better than Vimeo. @gizadev ?

Don’t know if they are using the free version of vimeo that has a low bandwidth limit, would think the 2 terrabyte limit for the $10 a month version would be enough but maybe it was going past that to broadcast 1080p to a lot of people that’s why they asked everyone to set video to low-res setting.

Yes, Im decently convinced that is correct, but it is moved to Monday for now.

I believe they were unhappy with the prices and the product of Vimeo, and I think Rokfin works great.
Theres some 3-4 hrs long streams and that’s not a problem over there.
You can post shows for free or in the “premium” box as you like, meaning only paying subsctibers will get access to the premium shows.
I really think it would be a great solution as the situation is now

https://rokfin.com/feed

1 Like

Joseph is in DJ’s chatroom now and I got a confirmation from him that the vidchat will be Tuesday.

5 Likes

Moved from monday?AGAIN?
Cmon…Its starting to be a joke

I never heard about it being scheduled for Monday, where did you hear that?