Ken Wheeler .. The dangers of LED lighting

4 Likes

Dr. Jack Kruse on Twitter and his website and patreon writes extensively from medical point of view on danger of blue light.

Jack Kruse is the apogee of plagiarism and ego-centric modernist rancor. The man, despite what accuracies he may jot down and reiterate, is bereft of citing source material, with exception of the basics so as to not raise skepticism.

Kruse constantly confuses conclusions drawn directly by Einstein and his acolytes, intermingling them with modern QCD, which are completely at odds with respect to electromagnetism. His overall goal seems to have been to intermingle eastern mysticism and 20th century QCD to acquire bitcoin through public support.

I can not stand him. Any legitimate challenges to his nonsense on his former forum would be met with immediate attack-dog style ad hominem from his followers and then blocking.

Sorry, you feel that way about uncle Jack. Nobody is perfect. He is definently high on a spectrum of narcisism. It doesn’t mean you can’t learn from him. As far as bitcoin, I don’t pay attention to it. I am not there to listen to his investment opinions, but to his medical ones. His leptin protocol has helped me immensely with my health issues.

I appreciate you sharing this video although my personal knowledge of the physics/science of light is very elementary. However, as he points out, it is the first video I’ve seen that goes into any depth about LED lighting, and his take on the physical effects I’ve intuitively understood.

When Home Depot began putting incandescent bulbs on sale and then I began hearing incandescent lighting would no longer be available after a particular date, I began buying as many incandescent bulbs as I could. I personally never liked LED lighting as I found it’s harsh, glaring blue light unpleasant and unnatural. I can’t prove it, but it also seemed to me the few LED light bulbs used in my lamps radiated a noticeable increase in the temperature of the rooms they were in. I bought a plastic sheet said to bock blue light to overlay my computer screen because I’d read reports that computer light emitted a frequency that zapped up to 75% of the vitamin A stored in the Vitreous Humor of the eye. About the same time I began buying incandescent bulbs my optimist shared with me his concerns for the alarming rise of cataracts in the eyes of his younger patients, including young adults and very young children which he attributed to cell phone, computer and TV use. He also recommended purchasing new lenses for my glasses with the blue-blocker tinting.

The biggest take aways for me are these:
The fact companies manufacturing the LED bulbs are misrepresenting them by labeling them white light because the white frosting on the globe does not block the blue light. (As he points out most of us are ignorant of the dangers. I doubt whether the public even knows to looks for white light.)
The ubiquitous use of LED lighting in electronic devices, in public spaces such as schools, offices, stores, airports, hospitals, theaters, vehicle lighting and even street and parking lots confirms, for me, the poisoning of our environment now encompasses all 5 of our senses. Combined with all the other avenues of toxicity it’s not a stretch to imply urban pacification and mood alteration is enhanced with LED lighting.

Linda

3 Likes

Glad to hear he assisted in your health and wellness pursuits. I have a very low opinion of his musings on physics and biology.

1 Like

I’m far from an expert, but my skeptical mind makes me question some of the ‘blue light’ info put out there. Do some searches on what IS white light. It is a distribution of photons of different colors (minimum Red Green Blue, but some say 7 different colors) that our human eyes perceive as ‘white’. No doubt there are shades of white that affect our human perceptions. White lamps that are low on blue for example turn my seafoam green kitchen tiles to a boring grey color. Some of you may have seen your red automobile turn grey under some sodium vapor parking lot lights. Maybe there is an authoritative source that documents scientific effects of ‘too blue’ light on us. I haven’t looked, but also have not seen them.

For me, the jury is out on blue light. Is there really any science in the warnings?