Kentucky Middle School Sends Students Home on First Day of Class With AI-Generated Educational Materials Full of Inexcusable Hallucinations, Including a Map Labeled With “North Dahota” and “Olkchoma”

I have dyslexia and can’t spell (or do math) to save my life, but even I can tell this map is absurd. How in the heck did any teacher or even an assistant not notice just how bad this was? This is beyond just about anything I have seen in the past. AI is not ready for prime time, even to create supplemental homework pages for primary school children!

5 Likes

Can’t help this is all on purpose.

1 Like

It’s been programmed that way.
The PATSY is an AI, that’s doing what it is programmed to do.
It’s NOT us, who are the programmers!
It’s AI, that’s full of errors; I mean, hallucinations.
TRUST US!

Trust the SCIENCE…
Is now:
TRUST THE AI!

1 Like

I saw the real issue as either the teacher or the school principal (whoever sent this package out) not proofreading the crazy AI map. Sending something like that out was beyond the pale.

1 Like