Levkovich's List: The Montreal diamond dealer who captured notorious Nazi war

Too good to be true? You tell me. Either way, a very interesting article.

“He found purpose in writing a list. Göth and several other Nazis’ names were on it. He approached the Americans and volunteered to help hunt them down. They gave him a military police uniform, a white helmet and a jeep.”

“He also caught up with Oskar Schindler, the Płaszów area factory owner who saved his Jewish slave labourers from deportation to the Nazi death camps. Schindler wanted the Nazi hunter to vouch for him.”
"“He asked me if I could find him a bottle of schnapps,” Levkovich said. “Schindler was not a war criminal. He was what he was, and the people who worked for him survived.”

A question from the realm of “high octane speculation”:
Was this a “hit” to warn off Levkovitch?

“The conversation shifts to his son, Tuvia, better known around Wall Street as Tobias Levkovich, the Citigroup chief equity strategist who was a revered figure among the stock market crowd, and a regular guest on CNBC, CNN and other money talk shows.”
““He was a tremendous mind, a brilliant mind,” his father said, before falling silent.”

“His son was struck by a car at 6 a.m. on Sept. 1, not far from his home in Woodmere, Long Island. A family man and avid Canadiens hockey fan, he died a month later from his injuries and is buried in a cemetery on Jerusalem’s outskirts.”
“His father visits him there. Once upon an earlier life, the now 95-year-old made a name for himself, too, as a diamond dealer, a dabbler in housing developments and an arm-twister and friend of Israeli politicians.”

By the way, I didn’t know the man even existed outside of the character in the movie.
Schindler was a busy man after the war…he even tried farming in Argentina no less. Yet his grave is in Jerusalem on Mount Zion

" After receiving a partial reimbursement for his wartime expenses, he moved with his wife Emilie to Argentina, where they took up farming. When he went bankrupt in 1958, Schindler left his wife and returned to Germany,…"

" He died on 9 October 1974 in Hildesheim, Germany, and was buried in Jerusalem on Mount Zion, the only former member of the Nazi Party to be honoured in this way. He and his wife Emilie were named Righteous Among the Nations by the Israeli government in 1993."