MULTI-SPECIES PLANTING BETTER THAN GMOs

Originally published at: MULTI-SPECIES PLANTING BETTER THAN GMOs

You might have thought that, since it’s been a while since we’ve blogged about GMO foods and their supposed “safety” and “equivalence” to non-GMOs, that we’ve forgotten about them. Granted, it’s easy to do when I.G. Farbensanto has lost yet another multi-million dollar lawsuit brought against its products; the “$cience” $eem$ to have been lo$t,…

7 Likes

I noticed in the grocery store about half of everything I picked up had the “made with bio-engineered” labeling on the back… and 100% of the generic items I looked at had the label. In the last year it has really exploded.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why Bayer purchased Monsanto, the shear amount of potential damages and liabilities taken on almost seem like Germany making a back door payback to the US.

Having returned to a small-town lifestyle, I quickly found my grocery choices were limited. At the moment, I buy products labeled organic or non-GMO for about 95% of my purchases–not cheap. Organic chicken breast is $8.00 a pound, so eating well costs money most folks around here simply don’t have.

I love tortilla chips and salsa; one store dropped the only brand of organic chips they carried, yet there is that long and towering aisle of Frito-Lay products to woo the unsuspecting.

Del Monte and Libby’s canned vegetables are non-GMO, but I wonder for how long. Generics at this store aren’t labeled with “contains bioengineered ingredients” but they also don’t have the non-GMO marking; the contents are in question.

I stopped chewing gum years ago because of artificial sweeteners. I dropped soda entirely because of corn syrup. Stopped going to Wendy’s for an occasional burger because of their bread. I am not a purist, but careful choices over time, to include no ibuprofen and acetaminophen, have kept me out of the doctor’s office. One thing I noticed when traveling east on business from California was the markedly larger crowd of obese people (no pun intended) everywhere.
(One of the few things I miss about California were the healthier lifestyle choices.)

This image may have been previously posted. Once again, corporations are deeply involved in the problem.

5 Likes

I had to share this article

How Are We Feeding Our Children?
Think about this. As soon as our kids wake up, In so many ways they are fed sugars, dyes, and preservatives and then adults get mad at them for lashing out, not sitting down, not paying attention and not being quiet at school.

Could it be possible a child doesn’t have ADHD, he’s just cracked out and malnourished!?!!

Breakfast. Sugary cereal. Sugary oatmeal. Sugary yogurt. Sugary orange juice. Sugary pop tarts. Processed food. Bread with synthetics. Chocolate milk.

This post is not to shame anyone 🩵 Let’s just think about cause and effects and getting to the root.

Snack time. It’s whoever’s birthday or holiday or theme day so it is blue and red dye, frosting and a bunch of sprinkles. Plus a Capri mystery sun pack full of diabetes.

So much blood sugar dysregulation going on!

Trust me…we have a big family, there’s always a reason to celebrate…I get it. But our whole family now tries to sub out healthier ingredients!

But lunch. We will get it right with lunch.

If you get to pack a lunch it’s probably a nutritional deficient sandwich, 300 empty calories of a lunchable, Doritos (what is even in these :flushed:) 25 grams of a sugar juice box and of course they need a sweet to complete the lunch.

Hot lunch? Let’s see what is in that!!

Or you can get peanut butter and jelly on bread loaded with added synthetics that you can’t even swallow unless you chase it down with milk.

And be sure to scarf it all down in 15 mins or less. And the “or less” happens if class runs longer or students are misbehaving. (Do you know what happens to your digestive system when you don’t chew your food properly??)

So… here’s a thought.

Let’s go on a journey step by step, to taking better care of ourselves and our children. Let’s treat food as fuel. Let’s silence the doctors and psychologist and school counselors who don’t acknowledge the impact food has on these issues.

Let’s get to the real root cause. Don’t let them diagnose your children!

Let’s understand that the standard well accepted “foods” are actually known to cause hyperactivity, cancer, and blood sugar issues. Let’s also recognize this is the cause for many of these “bad kids.”

Gut health is raging out of control and the gut brain connection is a real thing. Gut health is my passion! I can help.

These kids need more real food, fruits & veggies, less sugar, zero dyes, probiotics (I know where you can get a life changing one just ask me) and plant-based omegas in their life to be equipped to deal with an 8 hour work day most adults could hardly stand.

Can we all PLEASE start changing this? One snack at a time, one meal at a time. We can do better! Change isn’t always easy but it is possible! Our kids deserve better. Don’t let them label our kids. Get to the root cause!!

How Are We Feeding Our Children? (lifefitbrainfit.com)

3 Likes

It is a good article; glad you shared it.

The bottom of that “Twin Pack” bag of chips in the image above should read “No Preservatives Needed” as they likely do not degrade in any way, haha.

2 Likes

Let’s not forget glyphosate. There is some mention of U.S. phaseout plans as well.

2 Likes

If you go to the foreign aisle of your grocery store you can buy Mexican Coke (Which is the same as American Coke only there is no High Fructose Corn Syrup, just pure sugar cane). It’s about 8 dollars for a 4 pack here in North Carolina but on the rare occasion I drink soda, that is the kind I will drink.

Also, Food Lion does sell homemade Tortilla chips near the Deli section. The ingredients are just flour, salt, and other straightforward ingredients.

I try to go to the Farmer’s market for meat and veggies when I can.

1 Like

Have you noticed how huge the chicken breasts are now. That’s your first clue. It’s not natural, the color is yellowish and the consistency is rubbery.
25 years ago my mother mentioned the chicken had changed. She always bought the whole chicken and cut it up, she showed me how much fat she was cutting off.
I just returned from a vacation in Puerto Rico and the chicken meat was so much better there. Chickens are abundant on the Island.

1 Like

There is a Mexico based convenience store across the where I live that carries the made in Mexico Coke which is the only kind I drink when on the rare occasion a soft drink is consumed. Luckily my local grocery store carries a variety of organic produce, fruit and non-GMO products at significantly increased prices unfortunately making them beyond most family’s grocery budget even if they are aware of the benefits.

1 Like

@sharick Not to mention that “non-GMO” does not mean no pesticide, and it certainly does not mean no glyphosate . . . Of course, I’d rather non-GMO with pesticide residue than GMO with pesticide residue!

I find it almost impossible to be a purist in these matters, unless maybe if you live in an Amish community or something similar. It’s definitely frustrating – and increasingly expensive.

2 Likes

An American Diet basically boils down to:
“Pick your poison!”.

4 Likes

Our body comes with one heck of a garbage disposal system, be mindful of the debris.

If there’s a possibility for the big corps to pressure the smaller companies out of the big chains, simply cause they won’t be able to sell the organic foods anymore, as no one can afford them, I guess the amount of cash incoming with such a scenario is worth the risk at this point.
Having their foods labeled “safe” by the government will help along.
And it’s all over when the owners of the food supply have the gene patents for it.
Just a period of lobbying and putting some envelopes in politicians pockets.

1 Like

Ok, I’m going to Italy and restart my elementary school education. Yummm…

1 Like

Italians does it better :yum:

2 Likes

I have 2nd cousins in Spain, their school lunches are healthy/delicious too. I think America is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to food quality.

1 Like

I feel Americans do everything they can to help the kids along.
Some places I’ve even seen marked roads from the school to the McDonald’s strategically placed on the other side of the street.
:joy:

1 Like

A restaurant in schools where students can buy or receive free lunches? Your kidding. Back in the day parents were supposed to go grocery shopping and purchase food for school lunches. The students either went home and ate or brought their lunch along with homework assignments to school each day. High school students with cars had lots of “friends” during the one hour lunch break.

2 Likes