New rules to win an Oscar....hilarious

So, to be able to awarded an Oscar, your movie now have to meet certain criteria.
You already guessed it; DIVERSITY

So and so many actors must be women,people of ethnic minority,LGHBTQ+, and so on.

So if Chaplin had to be made today(and you wabt to win an Oscar),there would be have to be a lot of women and people of color in there, no matter the story line.
It’s so dumb it’s hard to take it serious.
The Oscars haven’t exactly risen in popularity the past decades, quite the opposite.
Probably so much that they feel they have to stage episodes like the Will Smith/Chris Rock incident to stay relevant.
Im sure this will help them be acknowledged amongst the actors,actresses and film makers worldwide.

https://rokfin.com/stream/32373/Oscars-want-THIS-before-you-win--Felix-Montano

1 Like

So all their boxes have to be checked🙄

1 Like

They could simply create a “Woke” movie award category and let the other creators do their thing.
Then the Woke movie makers would still have bragging rights to an Academy award. And those in the know would know what a “Woke” award entails.

@Bill10558 Your comment made me think: Of course, the old mainstream institutions, including Hollywood, aren’t going to do anything nearly as sensible as what you propose. Will that lead to the development of a whole parallel culture(s) to take the place of the void left by the mainstream? It has sort of started happening in the “alternative” news media. Will it happen in entertainment, literature, etc.? If not, American culture will soon be no more than a rotting trash heap. We’re close to that already.

2 Likes

What, just diversity? No equity and inclusion? [end of sarcastic mini rant]

2 Likes

I’ve enjoyed cinema over the years but at this point I’m fine with dropping it all together. The baby will fly out with the bath water and but I’m okay with it.

There’s still great movies being made out there.
It might be a little harder to find the gems,but gems there are.
But Im fine with dropping 100% of movies and series recommended and hyped in (social) media,losing out on 3 % quality, I see your point.

You’re right.
The thing is to dig under the mainstream, which is almost always garbage, be it movies,music etc.
The Dig is a relatively recent movie and is one of my all time favorites.

Hollywood is already dead to me.

2 Likes

@ExtremePilgrim I feel the same. Hollyweird I called it for many years. I did rent a movie last night “No Country For Old Men” and literally shook my head through the whole thing. I actually wanted my $3.99 rental fee back. Hollyweird “CIA” TPTB always finding us a boogie man to fear - always. I actually laughed through the whole movie and called every scene before it happened.

2 Likes