On Dr. John Trump ... from: A Century of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT, 1882-1982

2 Likes

I read some of this (after buying the book on your recommendation) and I have to say some of the implications are STUNNING and jaw-dropping… my underlinings in the book were red, with blue highlights, and three asterisks: the highest underlining rating in my underlining system…

… yep, this is quite an interesting collection of info. on lines of research at MIT over the years. The thing that was surprising to me (but not really) was that when I went “looking” (granted it was a cursory look) for continuations of the “ideas” found in these pages I found nothing … which to me meant they had most likely gone black. … and as you rightly say some are indeed STUNNING and jaw-dropping … There are instances of research mentioned in this book from the late 1940s that anticipated events far in excess of the so-called standard 35 year curve.

2 Likes

Yup… for certain… in any case, my thanks again for recommending the book. The Trump section alone was worth the price.

@Scarmoge Amazing! Thank you so much for posting this! I grabbed a 1st edition in good condition and anxious to read it.

1 Like