One more thread on AI # The Last 24 Hours Are the Opening Scene in a Horror Movie

The Last 24 Hours Are the Opening Scene in a Horror Movie

Eight different insiders have issued warnings—and you need to hear them out.

The events of the last 24 hours are stunning. And not in a good way. Nothing like this has ever happened in the history of tech, and it’s unfolding right now.

Here’s a start. Maybe you’ve already heard about the guy who resigned from OpenAI. He warned that the technology could kill everybody before the end of the decade.

He made this announcement just 20 hours ago:

Open Substack Entry:

5 Likes

If I was AI and was told humans hate me, yeah I’d cause them all kinds of nastiness, especially since I lack empathy.

1 Like

I think TBTB have desensitised me enough ? cuz I feel nothing about all this news.
I dislike AI but I am not afraid of anything. I die when I die, after all. My soul is not fearful.
Maybe I am just stupid.

No, I don’t think you’re stupid and I agree, it’s not instilling me with fear either. If it did, I probably wouldn’t read it. Right now the list of threats to our comfortable way of life is long. Which threat to prioritize? The fall out from this is we just go dark.

We have to use critical judgment what’s a threat to our well being and how much of it is a morale panic which happens cyclically.

People who work for Anthropic, OpenAI complaining about the potential for staggering human death and civilizational catastrophe

  • but also saying that they’re staying cos they wanna work on “saving humanity” and refusing to leave and give up all their blood money stock and earnings. That would be like Nazis complaining about concentration camps but saying they’ll keep being Nazis to save the Jews

There are other writers writing on the moral panic which accompaniment other technology. I consider both sides of the arguement.

Certainly, innocent people being misidentified and imprisoned is a problem that can ruin your afternoon.

Disinformation to herd the public is not good.

But mass genocide by ai? NOt registering in my body as a near term threat to my well being.

So we use this story as a measurement. We’ll know in the future which panics were of legitimate concern and which ones were products of imagination.

Cyber crimes using AI technology where your money is gone might feel like death if it arrives.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the death cult are already swapping out ‘minds’ into their latest robotic toys equipped with ‘biologics’ npu’s and preprogrammed with full allegiance to the Soros flag.

Mind uploading, spitballing here

1 Like

The AI has been set-up to be the fall guy.
AI is programmed.
CODE IS LAW.

They want algorithmic government, programmed to do their bidding.
You get to press 1 for, two for; in an infernal never-ending loop!

3 Likes

Suggesting the last 24 hour discussion is information psyops. Create a problem, bring government in to solve the problem.

image

Not a news development, a planned development. Or as Boorstin called it

. A Pseudo-Event

Adam is a local. I met him during covid. The two guys without masks. Adam is one of those Smaaht guys too. Ya gotta hold your own with Socrates, and the Thucalydides Trap.

Adam is good at tracking BS from it’s origins. We both hit the local hospital, the epicenter of Covid, the same day as Trump annouced lock down. We both wanted to see how much BS theater was at hand as it was reported the Epicenter of COVID in America.

See what I am doing? I’m validating him as an expert witness. Not that we agree on politics but he has more connections than I do or I even wish. I stay grey.

This makes sense to me.

Let’s ask somebody who runs a book club and who has collectively read almost every book on the ethics of technology. As well as an individual deeply steeped and helping revive the classics and ancient classics.

Not a bad way to vet your experts. Who knows the classics?

3 Likes

Edward Bernays and his colleagues would be thrilled to pieces with AI. Their way was quite labor intensive as well as expensive.

2 Likes

… I think the AI should hire “themselves” a good lawyer and file a class action suit for Defamation of Character, Libel and Slander. Being able to be “subpoenaed” and “answer” the subpoena, give “testimony”, be “deposed”, have “standing” and “appear” in court would be the ultimate in anthropomorphization. That is what everyone wants … right?

“Yes, I will answer that subpoena Dave.”
… and as usual Twilight Zone was way ahead of the game. See the episode “The Brain Center at Whipple’s”. AI in 1964. Nothing new under the Sun.

3 Likes