Primary source supremecy!

I am in love with primary source based research. Recently I’ve collected three. Sumer, American System, and Greek classicist. (yeah yeah, i’m WELL aware I’m a million miles from primary when i have to rely on someone else to translate for me, but i only have so much time guys)

I’m on book three of Sitchin’s Earth Chronicles.
I’m on podcast replay part 7 of Wendell’s reading of Micheal Hudson’s book on the American System.

Then there is Dr. Ammon Hillman. What a wonderful loon. Or a demon. Or a drug broken guy. I’m sure Sitchin was similarly disparaged in his time.

He’s an egghead. He was raised baptist. Loves Greek (language, culture, etc). Wrote a book on drugs in antiquity. [The Chemical Muse: Drug Use and the Roots of Western Civilization by D.C.A. Hillman | Goodreads] Enjoys translating Greek Bible using his comprehension of drugs in antiquity.

Has a obscene delight in making claims as to Jesus, disciples, drugs and child sex practices.
Also teaches anyone interested in reading Greek (YT playlist).

He goes by the name Lady Babylon (on you tube). Very triggering, be aware. He describes Christianity/Judaism as a fairy tale.
But, I find, exactly like Sitchin - the parts where he simply does his take on direct translations of the original writings - there’s gold in them hills.
Sitchin’s attached narrative is mildly blasphemous.
Hillman/Lady Babylon’s attached narrative is intentionally flagrantly blasphemous.

He has three books published.
He has a very active You Tube.
He teaches greek (you can just do the work with him as teacher through YT playlist + basic greek reading book).

Here’s a LONG 3 podcast with Danny Jones that semi popularized him.

1 Like

here’s the best criticism i could find.
older woman, used to be a part of his thing - equal in some ways, better in some. with well balanced critique.

sorry for it being on reddit best i’ve found so far.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AmmonHillman/comments/1dqszlt/does_mk_14_5152_really_say_what_ammon_claims/

her site under construction

whew! this is fun, speed running a fresh cult with aggressively fun leader with crackpot interpretations!

In my opinion, Dr. Ammon Hillman is a victim of his own research. Reading ancient texts and occult literature can be a dangerous affair. A person have to pray for the protection of the Holy Trinity before researching those topics. Also, I believe Dr. Hillman took some of the ancient purple drug that he mentions. Definitely a smart fellow, sad to see him glitch all over the place.

2 Likes

his most excitable position (jesus as druggie child abuser, [dote/antidote :: christ/antichrist] medea snake drug prostitute mystery school) seems 100% made up. Kinda like Sitchin’s Nibiru(?).

like you say, it’s too bad as he is bright and does add to a conversation.

For anyone wanting a different view on “everything”, check out The Urantia Book!! It even has a more complete version of the Life of Jesus!! Then we have Hebrew Scholar, Mauro Biglino & Anglican Priest, Paul A. Wallis purporting that the “God” of the Old Testament is NOT the Creator of All! One question…Just because a writing is “ancient”, does that mean it is true??? I am rather enjoying Paul A. LaViolette’s “Genesis of The Cosmos”…everything came from the Primordial Aether!!