Questions about new forum

Can someone tell me what “Captcha Files” is?[ w/a number inside a red circle]
When I click it, i get, “Sorry, your not allowed access to this page.”.

CAPTCHA - Wikipedia

A CAPTCHA (/ kæp.tʃə /, a contrived acronym for “Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart”) is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human. The term was coined in 2003 by Luis von Ahn, Manuel Blum, Nicholas J. Hopper, and John Langford.

1 Like

A totally useless time wasting experience, IMO, to the extent when encountered in the general cyber-jungle I now simply click off instead of wasting 5 to 10 minutes stepping through a series of unnecessary exercises to access what should be (and once was) a matter of following a link. Sadly, now a cog in an insanely paranoid focused effort to waste time on jumping thru security hoops instead of aiding and abetting one’s life.

Along these lines, though I hesitate to say - considering the time, effort, and honest intentions involved, I find this site’s makeover to be frustrating and difficult to use, to the extent of my visiting less. The old format was simple, upfront, and fun. For me, the new format is just the opposite, and ridiculously time consuming. Still, I have a high regard for most participants and do drop by for main posts - knowing that I am missing most of what once was easily visible, but no longer. Lesson learned: Time to mosey on to Analog Lane. Best to you, Robert. And of course to the good doctor.

1 Like

I look forward to your posts AllenSimco; as your viewpoints many times coincide w/mine; while at other times, your analyses gives me a new perspective.