R.I.P. Clint Eastwood

Perhaps social media had a slow day or a hangover and mixed up retired with expired…nothing in MSM.

3 Likes

Even the Dirty Harry films hold up really well, still.
Not to mention of course all them Spaghettis, :smiley:
Glad Mr Eastwood is still among the living.

1 Like

Probably and hopefully not the last.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a rapidly rising trend while traveling the inter-webs going back several years now…that what seems like the lions share of faked/false/fraudulent information from news stories down to mundane trivia about some obscure topic/person appears to be coming from ‘bots’. Shouldn’t be a surprise as the last number I heard was that roughly 70 percent of ALL internet traffic was from said bots.

I’m big on ‘comment sections’ in an effort to crowdsource/get down to the meat and potatoes on topics with which I’m only vaguely familiar. Almost without fail there will be someone, and most often a great deal of someone’s, that ARE quite familiar and not only immediately call the material out as A.I. ,but offer substantial evidence(s) as substitutes for the false information.

Essentially, I can’t see how that could be monetized, at least not worth the pennies one would gain. Seems more like bots having a fever dream or worse…something that has a motive that we can not yet understand.

Edit : Forgot to add re: Mandela effect that the Doc mentioned/theorized in one of the vid-chats (I’m taking some rope here) that pre-internet psyops might have released different news reports (deaths etc) regionally as to generate and experiment with seeding conflicting beliefs.

3 Likes

Employing bots for narrative control?
Also experimenting with “trial ballons” to see the “bot” effect/affect?
A million bots vs 10 million bots…
One wonders, if "THEY’ agree on certain narratives, that the bots then act
as agentic agents - to control the direction of information flows?
Do they get better, as the quality of bots, and their numbers exponentially grow?

If one expraoplates to infinity, your reality is then one that becomes…
an agreed-upon-bots’, gazillion to the googlex power - hologram - personified?

OH what a tangled web of bots we weave…
When the spider bots multiply, beyond belief!

4 Likes

I see bots all the time when checking out the commenter’s profile, easy to spot them. Love the ones that actually state “Content Creator”, with thousands of followers. Guess being creative with information would be part of the job. :joy::joy:

2 Likes