Regarding the AI topics in last week

In the last week we have seen Google’s AI becoming sentient, and every time I see theses AI stories, I always think of the “Animatrix”, “I Robot”, Terminator, and the Revamped Battlestar Galactica’s Cylons.
I want to say it was in the Early 2000s there was a Congressional hearing on the AI and military and some generals and programmers warned of a “Terminator Scenario” which at the time was laughed off. Now here we are in 2022, not far off from merging machines with AI. Military Machines with AI programmed to kill will do just that, no empathy, only destroy.
sci fi has warned us about how dangerous this is, yet these people think “its only science fiction, it cant really happen”.
i toss for the fellowship of Giza a small clip (You tube in its Google “wisdom” took down the full episode for copyright so if you want the whole thing you need to purchase, but let the 4 minutes sink in to our situation.
This animated short is where I feel we are heading.

1 Like

I agree that’s the direction we’re headed, and we’ll eventually get there if nothing gets in the way to stop it. To my mind, AI, robotics, and transhumanism are the most likely triggers for mankind’s next Tower of Babel or “destruction of Atlantis” moment. Personally, I don’t believe any entity made of metal, wires, and circuits could ever legitimately be assimilated to a human being. Yet I think AI and robots probably will be, in law and general public opinion.

1 Like