SAM ALTMANN, THE OPEN AI MYSTERY, AND ALL THOSE DERIVATIVES...

Originally published at: SAM ALTMANN, THE OPEN AI MYSTERY, AND ALL THOSE DERIVATIVES...

NOTA BENE: You’re going to want to pay close attention to this one, especially towards the end, when the reasons I’ve filed this under “Babylon’s Banksters” will become more clear… The Open AI firm and the sudden firing and rehiring of Sam Altman has been so much in the alternative news lately, that my email…

8 Likes

Of all the books and post that i´ve read of yours, that was the single greatest contribution that you ever made, in my opinion. This question is of such implications that it will be the core of 21th century debate about AI. I started studying it last week, and this premise will go with me from now on. Due credit will be given if i achieve any true answers in the future.

Towards the end, he writes:

“But there is a chance that other ideologically divergent civilization-states like Russia or China could harness these nascent AI powers for a collective good, developing them fast enough to create the global-infrastructural counterweight which would preempt the Western ‘Old Nobility’ elites from seizing control with their systems first. The reason is that total control requires a mob mentality of other lesser countries blindly signing their citizens’ rights away. But if a direct competitor system was introduced first, or at least around the same time, that could give the middle-majority an actual choice, it could prevent the total monopolization by the Cartel”

I don’t see how an Eastern Anti-West cartel would be any better than the current Western Anti-West cartel. “Jumping from the frying pan into the fire”. I hardly think China or Russia is a future we want to aspire to or took to for some relief.

Also, if the situation is that they discovered an unknown ability inside their computing processes, I doubt that hundreds of employees were also told of the discovery, which would have to be the case if that was the reason all those employees threatened to quit.

I’ve worked in an IT environment, and “need to know” is as strong in corporate IT world as it is in the spook world. I sincerely doubt that 500 employees threatened to quit, because of a secret discovery that is as earth-shattering as is being discussed here.
I also doubt that everyone who heard about the discovery signed the letter. In other words, I would wager that a lot more than 500 employees know the reason.

There is for sure some truth in here, but I say the writer is a fabulist.

3 Likes