Save The Clock Tower! Buy totally unlicensed Giza Merch from MohgCo. *ALL profits benefit the Doc

*It’s actually “Save the Doc’s book collection” but I needed the hook :slight_smile:

(Joseph mentioned in this last vid-chat that he may need to liquidate some books soon, sadly)

What we have here folks, is a totally unsolicited and unsanctioned plea for those that still have the means to consider buying (unlicensed) Giza-related merchandise of many and various flavors. This offer is another of those off-the-cuff, test-the-water, college-try’s at getting some much-needed cashflow and hopefully traffic to GizaDeathStar’s gracious host.

I’ve got several T-shirts already made and many more in final design phase. Also willing to do some custom orders as long as they are Giza related and contain a GDS logo/picture on the back. Any and all merch suggestions found on this forum and elsewhere currently licensed to ScarMoCo are also fully on the table.

What’s the price? Where are the details? Is there a catch? Good questions all. A good for instance would be a front-and-back T-shirt, any size, should be $50 American dollars. I’d probably need to sell at least 10 of each design to make this feasible. At that rate I could send Joseph $25 per shirt sold…and I’ll EAT the shipping of each one (Lower 48 U.S. only please)

Trust me…that’s bottom dollar and that’s with me covering more than shipping (travel, time, etc.)

Now one might say: “Mohgarr, I’m not sure I’d like to trust you to handle my money…” Well, in the words of “Aldo Apache” from Inglorious Bastards: “I DON’T BLAME YOU!!!.” Just for those folks, I’d like to suggest/plea/ask that you’d then please consider donating the $25 DIRECTLY to GizaDeathStar!

I’m too tired to post example pics of the shirts tonight…Highly unprofessional I know, but I’ll figure it out in the morning.

Open to any and all suggestions…Oh, and if the Doc tells me to nix this ad…it may disappear without notice! Thanks for the consideration!

More details will follow.

4 Likes
  • fun fact - i was entirely responsible for bttf2.
    tasked by my 2nd or 3rd grade class to write a letter to someone, i wrote to universal requesting a sequel and the rest is …
    bastards didn’t even write back to thank me for the idea tho, hollywood
1 Like

$50.00 in 2026 would be equivalent to about $5.00 in 1969 dollars; it would be cheap at twice the price. If you’re poor, give what you can; a flood comes from many drops of rain.

I would not mind helping out, but as old as I am I don’t need merch and no insult intended with that. I would like to transfer money from bank to bank so as little get wasted on fees. In europe that is how we do it. Problem is, to transfer outside europe then fees are costly. Anybody got creative ideas as how to transfer with as little or no fees worldwide?

Best of luck Mohgarr with the promotion and sales, something to consider for a tee strapline from this
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Strapline: “Specialization is for insects.”

1 Like

That’s a good one! Love me some Heinlein, one of my fav’s.

So far, as per usual…no takers. Things are tough all over, and most people are in the final stages of “getting by”. Too bad that more of us didn’t read and understand Heinlein and his like…understand how prophetic were their ideas.

What we needed was a ‘critical mass’ of folks that recognized the pattern, cooperated, planned an invasion, took orders, fought efficiently, pitched manure in their eyes…and died gallantly…

A few other relevant Heinlein quotations:

“Secrecy is the keystone to all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy and censorship."

"You can’t conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.”

1 Like

We embrace and marry our sorrows, setbacks or challenges. Like falling in a football or basketball match, once you feel the fall, grab it and flow with it. Love Heinlein, PKD and Neale.

1 Like

Your note didn’t say “if interested…let me know”

No call to action.

You ended your note with more details will follow. That put the burden back on you.

I don’t need no stinkin details. I’ll buy one.

It just has to be nicer than those Chinese made t shirts in the 99 cent stores with poor spelling.

Like a fake Nike t shirt spelled Nigh Kay.

You’re not gonna steal my money.

How do I know?

If you don’t get 9 more, I’ll do the donation.

But a nice, extra large black t shirt or two extra large with a pyramid and Giza Death Star would be awesome.

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct. As I mentioned in the ad…quite unprofessional. Had planned to edit the ad with a few different examples/offerings, but apparent lack of interest and an unusually busy personal life at the moment made me realize there’s no reason to rush.

In way of explanation, this will be (I think) my fourth attempt at fundraising/stimulating new blood membership. Like you, I’ve offered to personally pay for memberships, etc. You’re officially the first to take me up on an offer.

T-shirts themselves typically don’t make enough money to bother with, unless one has a brand to promote. The value is in the advertising. I’ve often told people that it’s not how much profit one can make selling this stuff (I don’t do this for a living, my son had a side gig and now mostly farms out the work) but how much loss is acceptable in pursuit of putting “butts in seats” aka new membership.

So far Ive given away a handful of shirts to several members, all of which attend the vid-chats. Will probably do several more of the “Saint” series in hopes of getting the volume needed to justify doing it at a reasonable cost. One-at-time cost for a quality single shirt with front and back vinyl costs almost exactly 50.

Like I said, it’s about how much one is willing to lose. Let’s see if we get any other takers after the next vid-chat and if not I’ll make sure you get one or two if you’d really like to have one.

Bear with me. I’ll get some pics up asap. You’re welcome to message me directly if you’d like. You’d be the first to do so.

1 Like

I am a T-shirt lover (and an old one, so no one pays attention), so I would love to get some merch before dollars become pennies and pennies, as we know, become air.
Let me know how to move forward on this…

all good admin is on it

I have my yearly membership.

I want a def jam Giza shirt

In NY, if I wear a MAGA shirt or red anything. I’ll end up in a body bag. I wouldn’t anyway

But a black t shirt with The Giza Death Star I’m gonna get looks.

And how great would the advertisement be?

Excuse me sir, what’s Giza Death Star?

I’m fine with whatever you design. But I like cool t shirts. I’ll give my two cents on design.

Wow, factoring in inflation I was making over $300 a week in my part-time movie projection job while in high school in 1969.

Ill take one or two Mogar, what id really like is a coffee mug, i had two, but i dropped one and one is still intact.

Let me know, i can help, its better to give than receive, you only receive in giving and giving is proof of having.

A statement of abundance?