Scientists inject fish with alligator DNA to create mutant creatures

“Scientists inject fish with alligator DNA”

Thinking they have been doing that for years.

inject me! please! i’d love to have scales on my tail!

1 Like

The article states:

“The fish are also sterile and can’t reproduce unless they are injected with reproductive hormones, MIT Technology reported.”

Is this a prediction for human genetic manipulation?

This story inspired a search for a poem about mules.

Mules by Yuyutsu Sharma

On the great Tibetan salt route they meet me again old forsaken friends… On their faces fatigue of a drunken sleep their lives worn out, their legs twisted, shaking from carrying illustrious flags of bleeding ascents. Age long bells clinging to them like festering wounds beating notes of a slavery modernism brings: cartons of Iceberg, mineral water bottles, solar heaters, Chinese tiles, tin cans, carom boards sacks of rice and iodized salt from the plains of Nepal Terai. Butterflies of the terraced fields know their names.

Singing brooks tempests of their breathless climbs. Traffic alert and time-tested, they climb carrying dreams of posh peacocks pamphlets of a secret religious war filth of an ecologist’s sterile semen entire kitchen for a cocktail party at the base camp defunct development agenda of guilty donors the West’s weird visions lusting for an instant purge.
Stone steps of the mountains embossed on their drugged brains, like lines of aborted love scratched on the historic rocks of waterspouts.
Starry skies of the dozing valleys know the ache of their secret sweat. Sunny days along the crystal rivers taste of their bleeding eyes. Greatest fiction of the struggling lives lost, like real mules clattering their hooves on the flagstones, in circling the cruel grandeur of blood thirsty mule paths around the glacial of Annapurnas.