SIXTY YEARS AGO TODAY....

Originally published at: SIXTY YEARS AGO TODAY....

Sixty years ago today I was home sick from school, sitting on the floor in our living room sipping some soup which my mother had made me, watching TV with her as she sat, sewed, and watched her program, a CBS soap opera called As the World Turns. Then about fifteen minutes or so into the…

10 Likes

I remember seeing JFK’s cavalcade run through main streets of Dublin, Ireland some short months before his assassination, sitting on my father’s shoulders because he felt it was a truly seminal moment which he wanted me to experience… My father who was a painter, painted a portrait of JFK which still hangs on our family wall after that dreadful event. It has reminded me, that with warts an’ all, JFK represented a change towards the good in humanity. I think that may be the core driver for his demise somehow.
So apart from pressing for release of documents and truth, it may actually be more important to hold on tight to the light for the USA and the world which his policies, philosophy and actions offered for the freedom, peace and prosperity of us all. Holding tightly to this light is more important for the rest of us in the face of those who desire to extinguish it (and maybe humanity too?) through lies, dissembling and disinformation. It sustains our hope and efforts for the same goals and outcomes for humanity which he represents even today. This is not naivete, it is I believe a spiritual strategy. We are the seeds.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis .

5 Likes

“However, given the passage of time, for more than half the population Kennedy is just another historical figure.” I think this is the saddest part for my generation and the world. My parents felt the same way about Pearl Harbor.

Nov. 22, 1963: Still wondering what happened, and what might have been

https://www.timesunion.com/opinion/article/sixty-years-kennedy-s-assassination-questions-18506412.php

I was in the 3rd grade and we were sent home after the intercom announcement by the principal. Haven’t been scrounging but I find almost no mention of the 60 year anniversary in many places I search. Unless they changed JFK’s name to Black Friday Deals. Been much run up to it with articles and video takes but today seems strangely silent. Could be just me I guess.

1 Like

@MrCigarTruth
I noticed this too. Hence, seems TPTB got their wish:
“However, given the passage of time, for more than half the population Kennedy is just another historical figure.”

This week I was in a checkout line that carded for the bottle of wine I was purchasing (normal at this store). I mentioned to the young cashier (late 20’s) that I was born under Kennedy, which unsurprisingly did not draw a response. I pressed it further and asked if she had heard of President Kennedy and she said no. Even after mentioning the assassination, the response was still no.

I liken it to having some older fellow back in my day asking me if I remembered that McKinley was assassinated. I think I am giving this gal too much credit.

I didn’t ask her if she knew who the current president is.

5 Likes