Spooky stuff from the Prairies

… this is not a case of possibility … it is a case of you must plan ahead … prepare accordingly

I have preppers mind. I’ve always been a prepper and contingent plans. Just my nature.

1 Like

We bought a cheap tv at Best buy 5 years ago, a Chinese smart one and the first thing we did was poke the microphone out with a safety pin. Mujuhahahaja
Its handy for YouTube music videos on the weekend but no way its listening now.

1 Like

have you looked up how many microphones are in your TV, I just found out that my cell phone has 4 and there is no way in the settings to turn them off.
The only way, is to become tech savvy and bypass the user interface provided by the manufacturer.
However, you can never become invisible on a networked device. If you can write you own encryption software on a none networked device and physically transfer an encrypted messages to your networked device to send it, you can at least prevent others from reading it, the receiver has to have the same setup. any encryption or decryption on a networked device, can be physhed.

2 Likes

Our TV is from 2019 and from what I can tell, the only microphone is the one in the remote control that we poked out:
Hi sense 40H5500F
https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/televisions-4k-android-smart-tv-2019-40h5500f
:man_shrugging:

I even tested it by shouting at it and it says it can’t hear. So if there were mics in the TV we would see them or they would be working , perhaps.

1 Like

While technically audio components, passive speakers are electromechanical transducers. Their diaphragms and voice coils operate on the same principle as dynamic microphones. If wired to an input circuit, they can become microphones. I think that’s how they did clandestine surveillance in the past, any speaker in radios or TV’s can be additionally wired to function as a microphone.
Once all those new data centers are online, they will have the capacity to process the flood of information from every camera, microphone, speaker, accelerometer or any piezoelectric component (crystals) which are in every electronic device.
BECOME UNPREDICTABLE, THEY CAN’T CONTROLL CRAZY!

2 Likes

yes that’s true
I dont know how well it would work using the spotty wifi from our telefone in the basement tho.
lol

1 Like

I decided for myself not to loose any sleep over it, This technology is so pervasive, redundant and overlapping, The birth-cry of evil begotten, “would that I were many!”

even if you think you have protected your devices, you will eventually be in the vicinity of someone else’s,

Addition: There is also the calcite in the human inner ear, it has piezoelectric properties. Making someone hear sounds, that appear to come from nowhere, is technically possible.

1 Like

Exactly right.
I try to remain privacy conscious, but the best comfort is being right with your own conscience. Then they can’t control you.

Yep, speakers can be microphones too…

And if you’ve watched the TV series “Fringe” even panes of glass…

May you be born in interesting times. (Chinese CURSE, not a blessing)

1 Like

Have you ever heard of developers who test software to its breaking point, by intentionally using it wrong?
One of my personal missions is to confront automated systems by intentionally using them wrongly, until it seizes to function. They will eventually built systems with no genuine choice options, until then, they can’t beat crazy.

2 Likes

I’m guilty of this… It’s technically hacking really.

As I young lad I was quite fond of text-based adventure games, like Infocom (Zork). Once a normal play-thru was accomplished…it was time to brute force the game with virtually every command it would accept at every point there was a command prompt.

The authors knew there existed a portion of their customers that would try this and rewarded them with Easter eggs, and sometimes crashes…:slight_smile:

In the literature for some of the titles it made reference to us: “This (x) was implemented in for those that like to play the game beyond its reasonable limits.”

Always loved that line…and I’ve always played life itself outside of its reasonable limits as a result.

2 Likes