I like the analogy, and they ARE naming these Data Centers after demons, but you know the old saying:
“Never attribute to magic what can adequately be explained by the malicious, brute force tactics of stupid billionaire technocrats” (I think that’s correct
)
When I was just a young lad in 82, a wiser, older and VERY experienced fellow informed me that a handful of words (think the number was 7) should not be spoken in to the telephone lest one be put on a list. In the 70’s…
In the times that we’re currently rolling through it would not be hyperbole to state that everything that contains an integrated circuit (probably going back to the first PCs) and can be leveraged in any way to eavesdrop/gather information has been compromised at the hardware level. Likely by design and from the factory (think this is referred to as a ‘zero day exploit’).
Hell, they’ve likely had keylogging for FAR longer than has been suggested. It wouldn’t take much of a programmer to write an algo (I’m an idiot and could do it with some lead time) to profile/tag someone for more attention based on something just a bit more than say 7 ‘naughty’ words. What the flock cameras are doing now wifi has been doing in everyone’s homes for years. Even if, up to this point, ‘they’ have had limited storage (probably didn’t) it’s not a stretch to think they’d know who to ignore, and to which one they’d dedicate some drive space.
This game has been going on a long time, and most if not all of these technocrats are made men (maybe literally) Bezo’s grandfather = DARPA. Zuckerburg…you get the idea. They’ve had a lot of time to make sweeping changes on the chessboard and implement background hardware.
Whatever they’re doing I’d argue it’s much more than they’re letting out in the media. I’d expect the worst. Even though I wouldn’t trust Sam Altman to manage a Denny’s… the ‘people’ pulling his strings could sure make a colossal mess by accident or by design.
Edit: relevant quotation: “We don’t need insiders to know where this is headed”