The Neglected Books Page www.NeglectedBooks.com: Where forgotten books are remembered

2 Likes

ā€¦ Thanks for posting that link. Another great way of locating off the beaten path literature.
Another similar resource

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this very interesting link.

One thing about modern search engines, these days, is that one has a challenge finding anything deeply relevant to oneā€™s interests that isnā€™t somehow ā€œvettedā€ by hidden entities, and so nowadays, itā€™s the person to person sharing that lands us the most interesting resources. (Weā€™ve noticed that even our local library system is heavily censored and vetted ā€“ and so many of the books weā€™ve been reading lately come via special orders or the used book store).

2 Likes

ā€¦ Iā€™m sure there are exceptions here and there but for the most part public libraries are a joke.

Something one can do ā€¦ look at the bibliographies (donā€™t forget the references in the footnotes as well, occasionally the books or papers mentioned in the footnotes arenā€™t included in the bibliography) in your books and search directly for those titles.

3 Likes

Itā€™s worse than I thought. The ā€˜forbiddenā€™ or lost books on this list - every one of them - fall squarely into the ā€œyeah itā€™s confusing, but they push the narrativeā€ list.

The stuff Iā€™ve researched over the last 10 years has different rules. They do not push the narrative and the links disappear without a trace. And the people are canceled, never to be heard from again.

I think weā€™re witnessing a certain oppositional mastery, whereby the censors inject or allow for well-known controversies, all the while hiding the most damning parts. This gives us all the illusion of discovery and throttles our capacity to make a difference.

2 Likes

ā€¦ made no claim as to ā€œgoodā€ or ā€œbadā€ just mentioning another resource.

Yes, I should have been more precise.

I clearly have an axe to grind. lol

Mining bibliographies is a fantastic practice, something Iā€™ve been enjoying for a good while, and have found far more interesting books that way than through the library joke system. That is one of the things I love about picking up a book ā€“ looking at the bibliography section, and making note of books to watch out for!

This forum (including your own posts!) has also been a great treasure trove to hear about books, and weā€™ve also found out about books by listening to interviews. Anything but the internet search engines, and very little through the library.

2 Likes