The Rolling Stones Begin Their 2024 Tour In Houston Tonight

Why do these bands pick a Sunday night? I suppose, if you look at the people walking toward the gate, most are retired now, so it doesn’t matter. What really made me shake my head is the lady using the walker. Seems everyone is breaking down, except for The Stones themselves.

A bit of Stones history: When they were just starting out, many times, they had no roof over their heads and slept under the bleachers at a local soccer stadium. The only breakfast they could afford was some fried eggs mixed in with instant mashed potatoes. I tried it decades ago and it’s delicious! I don’t sleep on a lawn (yet) but do eat The Stones Breakfast a couple of times a week.

The lady with the walker will probably get special seating with a grand view. If I was going I’d use a wheel motorized wheel chair for more space and a better view…

3 Likes

Their sets are always 13 songs long fir some reason.

1 Like

Really? I never noticed that.

Or maybe it’s their albums. I know the number 13 pops up a lot. A lot of bands play up occult stuff for effect but I think they’re authentically satanic.

Satanism in the music industry has been vogue for years by sales and advertising executives. Most musicians have no idea and don’t care about satanic stuff.

I agree but in their case there’s a lot of smoke around the fire.

1 Like

I out grew rock music years ago and have no inclination to recapture memories of my youth from a bunch of old folks my age. Haven’t followed or cared about pop culture since middle age. Done that, got several t-shirts that have long worn out.

1 Like

I don’t listen to rock on any kind of regular basis either. Occasional song on the radio going to the store that I like but not interested otherwise. Did find the parody “Hunter Got High” great humor but otherwise, not interested. Goes for Oscars, Grammys and the other junk.

It was not worth the price of damaging my hearing.

1 Like

I’ve never been a fan of the Stones but I saw them in 1973 at Colorado univ. I had a few friends that drove up from Denver and they ended up sleeping in my dorm room. That was also when coed dorms were first allowed.
My first (and only) high school walkout was about girls not being allowed to wear jeans to school. It started out where only dresses were allowed for females and now days males wear dresses. We’ve come a long way.

3 Likes

Hear hear… while I don’t mind forays into popular music, why must we be INUNDATED with it 24/7???

1 Like