The sun is shining again

Last year in may i had to euthanize my German longhair girl. In the previous 5 years 3 times i had to make that decision and it left me broken with a large hole in my heart.
So last year i said no more dog. The pain of letting them go is to great.

For months and months i felt lost, lonely and sad without my dogs and it was not getting better. Life is just so much more better with a dog. So i send out a signal to the universe that my heart and house was open again for a wet nose, four legged compagnion. Within half an hour there she was. A Dutch farmer had a nest Golden Retriever puppy’s. 1 girl left. And 2 days later we drove to the farm. This puppy girl did have a great start on that farm.

The moment she stepped foot in my house it was like the sun was shining again. She is the sweetest and most beautiful girl in the world. Training with her is going great.
I am looking forward to long walks in the Dutch forest, and going to the lake so she can swim. And cycle with her. i sold my car years ago but with a dog cart we can go to places.
Her name is Maple.
Here she is.

11 Likes

@Ellie
How beautiful!
I’m happy you found one another.
Joyful Fuzziness once again!

1 Like

Congratulations, Ellie, she is absolutely adorable and I’m so happy your world feels sunny again! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Ellie,

Good to hear from you. Congratz in being a mum again.

Suikerbonen ja nee??

1 Like

Gefeliciteerd lieverd! Ik verbleef in Groningen en hield van mijn vrienden daar. :pray: Alicia

Haha nee geen suikerbonen of beschuit met muisjes. Er zijn grenzen.

Groningen is the best city in The Netherlands. I studied there. Great times. And the city is not so large but has everything.

Beautiful doggertina, you are very blessed. Hope you have many happy years together. Dogs are God’s best gift to mankind, I miss all of my furkids - so many lovely memories.

Mooi voorbeeld van “the power of intention”
Geniet van elkaar, Maple en Ellie!
:slight_smile:
Groetjes uit Amsterdam
Hubrecht

2 Likes

Wonderful news Ellie … so happy for you. The universe knows our hearts and brings what we need at the right time. Maple is beautiful and will be a wonderful, loving friend and companion to share your life and adventures with.

1 Like