This Incredible Photo of an Ant's Face Is Like Something Out of a Nightmare

Nyaaah!

5 Likes

Yup. This may make sense of the ( not) Buzz Aldrin tweet relative to ANTarctica.

3 Likes

Itā€™s really funny but if you look at any close-up of an antā€™s head you can see the eyes are omitted. Looking at a hyper close-up of an antā€™s head makes it happier and more friendly. Without getting too fanciful it makes me think someone wants the general public afraid of its own shadow, in this case, anything that moves (your average ant). And when I say ā€œsomeoneā€ I donā€™t mean Eugenijus Kavaliauskas.

1 Like

The eyes are actually at the base of the antennae. It is the nose that is omitted as they ā€œbreatheā€ through spiracles along their bodies, one set per segment; the pattern is species dependent.

1 Like

Thinking the Nephilim in miniature.

1 Like

I didnā€™t pay enough attention to the photo since it was CUT OFF below the EYES. You are right, I apollogize- but I still maintain it looks weird because it seems to have a nose indent when ants donā€™t have noses. Your diagram, however, only shows one spiracle when there are usually multiples depending on the species.

I like mine betteršŸ˜Ž

Transhumanism is the ethics and science of using things like biological and genetic engineering to transform our bodies and make us a more powerful species. ā€” Dan Brown

1 Like