TIDBIT:.. THOUGHT FOR THE DAY...

Originally published at: TIDBIT:.. THOUGHT FOR THE DAY...

Courtesy of our member R.G.: “When I hear the name Rudolf Steiner, I think, ‘Here comes the nonsense.’”

2 Likes

For me, when I run into it, I keep it in the “fantasy” section of my head. I have studied too much St.Thomas Aquinas and the virtues to track with it theologically. I need to be in my body in the space and time I am in to carry out my disciplines in a practical manner. Nonetheless, I try to understand people. His “spiritual science” makes neither spiritual nor scientific sense to me, personally – so I don’t inhale… But living in California, that sort of talk is common, and it’s a language I am familiar with. I have also worked in mental institutions, so that’s how I roll with my portable boundaries.

Rudolph Steiner developed modern concepts related to biodynamic agriculture. Some of the principles are a bit cosmic but mostly consistent with organic farming and creating living soils. When I was reading about measuring eco acoustics in soil, I thought Steiner would have liked that concept.

“Our study applied ecoacoustic tools to measure biodiversity above and below ground in a UK forest. We hypothesized that the soils of forests restored to a healthier state would have a higher diversity of sounds than the soils of recently deforested plots. This is because we assumed more creatures would live in the restored and “healthier” soils, producing a greater variety of sounds that we would detect.”

https://phys.org/news/2023-05-good-vibrations-soil-forest-health.amp

Eco acoustics are used to measure the progress in restoring damaged habitat.

So how about retraining the NSA analysts listening to whatever to really get dirt on the planet.

2 Likes

Steiner appears to be an accomplished man in every respect, but his foray into ‘spirituality’ is bizarre. I have no idea if this is true, but he seems like a man who was determined to do good. (His schools for example.)

I would not be surprised if he took that path once he discovered that Madam Blavatsky had filled his head with a bunch of Luciferianism. And god only knows the dangers of and to a man who takes his visions too seriously.

1 Like

Yes, there is a lot to Steiner touching on many fields. In healing, he has presented holistic healing concepts linking spirit-soul-body connections with precision and discipline which have resonance with other models of healing in cultures worldwide. Imagination can be a bridge to healing, and for me, he occupies that useful place, as does bibliotherapy and much more. Thanks for sharing his relevance to you in organic farming. Interesting!